Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Been perfecting my Neopolitin pizza for a while now, use a cold ferment (3-4 days in fridge) sourdough base, spread out in a v hot frying pan, topped and then put under the grill. Its the closest you can get to a proper wood oven in a kitchen, outside gets crisp and a bit burnt while the inside is doughy.

pizza1.jpg

pizza2.jpg

pizza3.jpg

Much nicer than any i have had even in restaurants/street food stalls although i have not been to Franca Manca
I have just tried this method, and made the best pizza I've ever made. Thanks so much. :)

Pics to follow obv.

Pizza night round ours, the Mrs' birthday. First up, courgette, feta, mint, lemon and chilli. Considering courgette is a bit of a waste of a vegetable this was ace, well tasty.

P1010512-1.jpg

Next, smoked salmon, red onion, mozzarella, capers. A bit disappointed with this, I've been waiting to try smoked salmon on pizza and didn't want to use cream or cream cheese so went for a very thin layer of tomato but it was still too much and the salmon was lost.

P1010513.jpg

Finally, tuna steak, black olives, mozzarella, basil and chilli. Good stuff. My pizza stone cracked in half though so I think I'm gonna have a look at the frying pan method.

P1010514.jpg

nice work killer b!

Re: the pan, the thicker the better really more stored heat will help, make sure it is not non-stick!

Had a pizza in and a takeaway from the Royal Sovs in Clapton recently, definitely think they are the best in area, Italian sausage was very nice

Pizza Hut deal
Any 2 Large Pizza's, Potato Wedges, Garlic Bread and 1.5l bottle of pop
Voucher Code: VCFRBCGFP
Valid until 20/01/13

£20 delivery or takeaway

Had a good pizza at the aloft hotel FEDE restaurant last night but got no pics :(

oooh i stay there when i am in london overnight. normally go to the highly overpriced chinese just up the road or the pub just round the corner from the marriot. never really occured to me to eat in the aloft

Pineapple is worse... you can pick sweetcorn off, where as pineapple is juicy and contaminates the pizza even once you've picked it off.

Pineapple is worse... you can pick sweetcorn off, where as pineapple is juicy and contaminates the pizza even once you've picked it off.

Tricky eh?

I dislike sweetcorn more but pineapple causes more harm to the pizza.
Would think that picking the sweetcorn off would be tricky depending on cheese levels.

Back
Top Bottom