Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Mrs Tag wins again :D What are the whippy bits on top?

I just had a quick pizza for lunch - the joy of having dough sitting in the fridge. Kept it simple, tomato, cheese, truffle oil and mini capers. The cast-iron-pan-to-grill method is so good.

Mrs Tag wins again :D What are the whippy bits on top?

I just had a quick pizza for lunch - the joy of having dough sitting in the fridge. Kept it simple, tomato, cheese, truffle oil and mini capers. The cast-iron-pan-to-grill method is so good.
The whiipy bits were ricotta. he said she was getting a tinge of lemon through it.
Mine was an oven baked sourdough sandwich, baked in the oven, bloody lovely the whole meal was.
The onlyt problem with the sandwich was how big it was - I am a dustbin who cant bare to see any food being left. i ate the whole thing somehow.
VIP Pizza will be our pizza of choice from now on, when down that way. :thumbs:

The whiipy bits were ricotta. he said she was getting a tinge of lemon through it.
Mine was an oven baked sourdough sandwich, baked in the oven, bloody lovely the whole meal was.
The onlyt problem with the sandwich was how big it was - I am a dustbin who cant bare to see any food being left. i ate the whole thing somehow.
VIP Pizza will be our pizza of choice from now on, when down that way. :thumbs:

Just had a look at their menu, it does indeed look excellent!

I would thoroughly recommend it. Chain of 4 or 5 family run places, which looked, felt and tasted like the real Italian deal. I note there is one, bizarrely, in Reading. What a shame Mrs Tag is working the day crossrail opens 😂

Going off piste with a charcoal base.
It's pizza night on Bbc2s takeaway
Not sure about some of them! Nice to see the lads from Stefani's in Blackpool having a go - I recommended them upthread somewhere. They've come out bottom, with their beautiful simple classics, whilst all the maniacs with crazy flavours did better.

Last edited:
Those look good!

In picture #2, I am slightly disturbed by the topping unevenness, in that the 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock pizza segment is lacking any meat, a bit more of an even distribution of toppings would be preferable.

Otherwise, those both look good :)

Those look good!

In picture #2, I am slightly disturbed by the topping unevenness, in that the 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock pizza segment is lacking any meat, a bit more of an even distribution of toppings would be preferable.

Otherwise, those both look good :)
Mrs tags favourite place is Crust Bros. Where they always let you choose your own toppings 👍

Thank you! Looks good, and quite reasonably priced too :)

Not that I am likely to be in that area any time in the near future, but I always do love looking at restaurant menus for some reason (probably living vicariously :D )

And should I find myself in the vicinity, I know where to head!

Back
Top Bottom