Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Pistol' - Danny Boyle's Sex Pistols biopic

Strange that the happiest year on record was 1976. I wonder how much the alleged shitness is due to Tory vilification of the decade
I thought that daft claim was for 1957

The study also showed a rise in happiness after 1945, then a fall through the nationwide strikes and inflation of 1978’s Winter of
Discontent, and then a recovery towards the end of the 20th century.
But happiness levels have never reached the heights of the 1950s.

The Mirror cant even spell Britain properly :facepalm:

It's all bollocks anyway but if you insist on posting these up, here's the results from a more recent study:

The Mirror cant even spell Britain properly :facepalm:

It's all bollocks anyway but if you insist on posting these up, here's the results from a more recent study:

1976 seems to have been at least a happy year. I'm disappointed but not surprised that you haven't addressed my wondering how much the notion of the 70s as especially grim owes to Tory vilification of the decade, which they've farted on and on and on about for what seems like an eternity

1976 seems to have been at least a happy year. I'm disappointed but not surprised that you haven't addressed my wondering how much the notion of the 70s as especially grim owes to Tory vilification of the decade, which they've farted on and on and on about for what seems like an eternity
It was a happy year for some and a shitty year for others, just like any other. Your point means little to me as I'm basing my opinion of the 70s after having lived through it. It was a decade that certainly produced some of the greatest music, but punk was an incredibly liberating force, especially to those living outside of London.

It'll portray the Pistols as being the pinnacle of punk rather than the catalyst for all the much better stuff that came after. (And it'll ignore all the better stuff that came before.)

We had an outdoor bog in our veranda in 76 next to our coal shed.
Long hot summer was great, Candi Staton and The Real Thing.
77 was better tho cos...Punk.

I'm tired of rock biopics after Bohemian Rhapsody, it all seemed so phoney, haven't there been enough pistols films already?

I'll probably see it anyway because i'm sure Boyle will zip things up a bit.....

Last edited:
It's written by Craig Pearce & Frank Cottrell-Boyce, Boyle is only directing. And they are both very fine writers, with FCB having a good track record in the period. I expect it to have all the authenticity of Amadeus, but if it has a quarter of the charm of that too, it'll be doing okay.

It's the fucking Sex Pistols, capturing the legend is more important than tedious facts.

Back
Top Bottom