Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy book recommendations- with no sex!

Not buying anything else for a while as Kidface will insist on reading the whole series of things he likes and refuse to read anything else but will keep referring to this thread and thanks :)

Not buying anything else for a while as Kidface will insist on reading the whole series of things he likes and refuse to read anything else but will keep referring to this thread and thanks :)
See if you can get him to turn to French novelists, perhaps through the three musketeers and count of Monte cristo, before launching him on Zola's monumental Les rougon-macquart series

Reactions: Sue
Fucking love those covers-proper folk horror :)
i missed this one
d741fd29f193b2b0e26d9128c2b6ec00--its-coming-penguin-books.jpg

kids today... i feel sorry for them :D

See if you can get him to turn to French novelists, perhaps through the three musketeers and count of Monte cristo

Maybe a bit along the same lines:

The first book in the series is good anyway.
e2a:

Last edited:
A bit violent...

Half a King is less violent and suitable thoughi

A bit violent...

Half a King is less violent and suitable though
Sorry phone glitched so double quote. I agree. Half a King is his young adult stuff and really good . I'd recommend it.

I've just listened to the audiobooks (they are amazing) of the main books before reading the new book a d feel there is a lot of sex in them.

He's a great author though.

Have we had the Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser series by Fritz Leiber yet? Also Elric series by Michael Moorcock and Conan series by Robert E Howard. Sandman by Neil Gaiman (graphic novel series).

Does it work as a standalone? Have a copy of it, but haven't any other from that particular series.
Yes, works as a stand alone. I've read the first law books, and when asked to find a book for nephew aged 13 read HK to check it out. It's less bloody but still cutting would be my appraisal.

Yes, works as a stand alone. I've read the first law books, and when asked to find a book for nephew aged 13 read HK to check it out. It's less bloody but still cutting would be my appraisal.

Excellent, cheers! Loved the First Law trilogy and read another that tied into it. But this looks a different scenario from those.

We all have covid so will be hiding the switch and reckon he ca get through most of these books in ten days ;-)

Back
Top Bottom