Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Pistol' - Danny Boyle's Sex Pistols biopic

Sweet FA

✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪
This could obviously be absolutely terrible but Boyle's done some great films so maybe not. Toby Wallace out of Babyteeth (which is excellent) is playing Jones and Maisie Williams from GoT is playing Jordan so there are some acting chops in there. Anson Boon who was OK in 1917 plays Rotten, Louis Partridge who was great in er Paddington 2 is Sid plus an unknown is playing Cook.

I'd love to see a decent film/series about the scene/era - 24 Hour Party People did a pretty good job with Factory, maybe this could work? It's based on Jones' book Lonely Boy which I've not read - any good?

Lydon's already squawking about it obviously:

“I think that’s the most disrespectful shit I’ve ever had to endure,”

“I mean, they went to the point to hire an actor [Anson Boon] to play me but what’s the actor working on? Certainly not my character. It can’t go anywhere else [but court]. "

"Sorry, you think you can do this, like walk all over me – it isn’t going to happen. Not without a huge, enormous fucking fight,” Lydon said. “I’m Johnny, you know, and when you interfere with my business you’re going to get the bitter end of my business as a result. It’s a disgrace.”

I'm looking forward to it, whether it's great or a car crash. What does urban think - will this be laughable shite or a solid evocation of a time and place?

pistolsshow-1392x884.jpg

PISTOL_0002-1.jpg
0_PAY-MAIN-Maisie-Williams.jpgKS_COMP_SEXPISTOLS_IMAGE.jpg

One thing noticeable about a lot of new films is how they get actors who look so like the person they're playing.

This lot look nothing like the Pistols.
Remember the film of The Doors? Val Kilmer. Yep, lovely, stick him in some leather kecks, ideal.

The rest of the band? Don't worry about it, no-one remembers wtf they looked like, we hope. You'll do.

I've not seen Trainspotting T2, or the Steve Jobs Biopic, or Trance, his last three movies other than Yesterday. were they good?

T2 was pretty decent I thought and the jobs one was excellent imo. Not seen trance and avoided yesterday because it just sounded awful.

danny boyle has made some great films and things like trainspotting show he has a good understanding of what punk was about and where it came from. But - fuck - cant they have got some actors with some sort of passing resemblance to the characters?

This could obviously be absolutely terrible but Boyle's done some great films so maybe not. Toby Wallace out of Babyteeth (which is excellent) is playing Jones and Maisie Williams from GoT is playing Jordan so there are some acting chops in there. Anson Boon who was OK in 1917 plays Rotten, Louis Partridge who was great in er Paddington 2 is Sid plus an unknown is playing Cook.

I'd love to see a decent film/series about the scene/era - 24 Hour Party People did a pretty good job with Factory, maybe this could work? It's based on Jones' book Lonely Boy which I've not read - any good?

Lydon's already squawking about it obviously:

“I think that’s the most disrespectful shit I’ve ever had to endure,”

“I mean, they went to the point to hire an actor [Anson Boon] to play me but what’s the actor working on? Certainly not my character. It can’t go anywhere else [but court]. "

"Sorry, you think you can do this, like walk all over me – it isn’t going to happen. Not without a huge, enormous fucking fight,” Lydon said. “I’m Johnny, you know, and when you interfere with my business you’re going to get the bitter end of my business as a result. It’s a disgrace.”

I'm looking forward to it, whether it's great or a car crash. What does urban think - will this be laughable shite or a solid evocation of a time and place?

View attachment 265125

View attachment 265126
View attachment 265132View attachment 265133

Lonely Boy is a good read. I wonder if the film will be covering his wanking obsession and the peeping tom years :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom