Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pink v Amy Winehouse

Pink v Amy

• Total voters
Why compare these two specifically? They're not alike really. Or is it just two similarly famous female singers and that's enough?

They aren't even similar though. The only thing they have in common is that they are female. I suspect a few pints in the pub, possibly even a little 'bump' in the toilets, had led Spymaster and his mates to have a gibberish conversation. It's Friday and spring is in the air. Why not?! :thumbs:

I absolutely love Amy. I have everything she ever recorded. When I look at her pre-drug/alcoholism I find her very attractive too.

I like Pink. She's done some good stuff. She's also quite attractive and can be sexy, and funny.

Overall, if Amy was still alive, I'd go for Amy first.

Is this the right place to admit that I can’t stand Kate Bush? She’s dreadful enough already but that computer record she did was beyond awful.

They aren't even similar though. The only thing they have in common is that they are female. I suspect a few pints in the pub, possibly even a little 'bump' in the toilets, had led Spymaster and his mates to have a gibberish conversation. It's Friday and spring is in the air. Why not?! :thumbs:
I didn't say they were similar! I said they were similarly-famous, i.e. about the same fame as one another. Which is what you said.

Amy had a great voice, and a biting wit. Her music was inextricably enmeshed with the tragedies in her short life, and what she has left: both in music and legend, is iconic.

Pink strikes me as a pretty sound person. Smarter than the average bear but not clever enough for that to be her *thing*. I'd like to be mates with pink, whereas Amy must have been a total nightmare.

Amy had a great voice, and a biting wit. Her music was inextricably enmeshed with the tragedies in her short life, and what she has left: both in music and legend, is iconic.

Pink strikes me as a pretty sound person. Smarter than the average bear but not clever enough for that to be her *thing*. I'd like to be mates with pink, whereas Amy must have been a total nightmare.

She can sing alright

Are you still dividing all women up into a few one-dimensional stereotypes in 2018 dess? I wonder how this is possible after 13 years of regular posting on urban - you'd have thought just by some kind of osmotic process you'd have picked some of this stuff up by now...

Pink is absolute MOR shit. Wasn't really a fan of Amy at the time, but after watching the documentary about her, and hearing some pre-Ronson material, I definitely 'get' her (though still don't own any of her records).

Bit of a silly question IMO.

Back
Top Bottom