Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pinafore dresses

I wear a denim pinafore dress that I bought in a Toast sale. Its long...as far as below my knees.
I wear it with long sleeve t shirts in summer and a skinny jumper in winter.
Sometimes I wear it with a cheeecloth type of blouse that has big sleeves.
In winter I can wear it with a polo neck underneath and an oversize cardigan over it with my thermal leggings and knee boots.
The pockets are very handy.
They're a very versatile type of clothing.

I have 3 pinafore dresses.....one in green with leopard print....one in pinky red with leopard print and one in green blue tartan. All skater style.
I normally wear them with either just a bra underneath and a zip hoody on top - or a fishnet tee or long sleeved black tee underneath....(depends if its for clubbing....definitely not currently!) Black leggings or black skinny jeans.....hightop trainers or big boots.

I wear them mostly with long sleeved tops but they also look good with a shirt/blouse.
I wear tights and docs/trainers in the winter, usually leggings and trainers in the summer as I have ugly legs.
I really like them and have too many both in denim and cord. It’s a bit embarrassing. I look like an overgrown baby but I don’t actually care. 😄

I don't think I could get away with just a bra, especially not in a school :D My boobs are practically falling out of the sides as it is.

Lots of good ideas here, I hadn't thought of jumpers underneath.

I have a black jersey pinafore which I wear with a red with black spot shirt, thick black tights and mary jane shoes.

I love the ones you've bought, especially the mustard coloured one.

I have a selection of thermal tops I wear under mine. I'll sometimes wear a shirt or blouse with puffy sleeves or collar or whateve. Usually leggings sometimes tights.

I probably have about 6 of them. Unlike most dresses they often have pockets.

I bought these two dresses today:
View attachment 235893View attachment 235892
I haven't worn a pinafore dress since I was about 6, so looking for styling tips - which colours and other type of clothes would go well with these?

lovely style of clothing, the pinafore. Always reminds me of the dinner ladies at school. And that’s no slight.

As Japanese yoof do you can team it with loads, but then, them gals know how to dress.

(( not saying you don’t, of course ))

I don't think I could get away with just a bra, especially not in a school :D My boobs are practically falling out of the sides as it is.

Lots of good ideas here, I hadn't thought of jumpers underneath.

I love a pinafore but it is difficult to get them to fit properly for big boobs.

Often the bib only covers from nipple to nipple which for me I don't feel comfortable even with a thick t-shirt underneath.
Or they cover the boobs but really need darting so the don't gape or pucker at the sides.

I have one black corduroy one (cheap from sainsburys last year) that fits really well though :cool:

I wear it with longsleeved stretchy black t-shirts, black leggings or bright coloured tights (thank you Snag) and DMs.

I think they call them jumpers in the US.

Or overalls maybe? I live in mine, I usually get them online from a place called Buykud Casual Loose Jumpsuit Ramie Overall

The quality and sizing is really good and they all have pockets. I usually wear the long style culottes ones over a long, short or no arms t.shirt with sandels or boots. I often wear them over swimmers in the summer.

Most of them are drill cotton with swirly/flowery patterns on, usually in khaki, denim not bright colours. Although I've got a couple of very bright pairs I wear if I'm in the mood. And I've got some smarter pinefore/ skirt style ones in navy and pinstripe.

People always comment on them positively :) It's always about the pockets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom