Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Photography Thread 2022

In photos: the incredible labyrinth of polychromatic tunnels at Colourscape, Clapham Common, Sept 2022

In photos: the incredible labyrinth of polychromatic tunnels at Colourscape, Clapham Common, Sept 2022

This was so good! In photos: the incredible labyrinth of brightly coloured inflatable tunnels at Colourscape, Clapham Common, Sept 2022

Given that I didn't think the original mushroom man was entirely fitting for the "no-frills graffiti" thread, and they no longer seem to be popping up with quite the same frequency they were (one of the ones below was literally painted over the day after I took a pic of it) I figured I'd add some of the rest of the ones I've snapped here. I'm not quite sure what it is I like about them, but like them I do.

I don't think it quite fits the bill as functional or no-frills, but my neck of the woods in central has been hoaching with graffiti of a spaced-out man with mushrooms on his tongue. A fair few of them have been cleaned or painted over only to reappear not too long after.

Edit: for your consideration
View attachment 342507

Aeons ago I had a spate of leaving printouts in printers saying "the first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club" (I was testing a lot of printers at the time and it was more fun than the test page) but I don't think I ever had my cornflower-blue-tie-wearing manager call me out over it.

After XKCD stole my joke I punished them by buying some merch in the form of a sheet of stickers that said "Actual size!" in excited lettering and went sticking them on things that were actually the size that they are.

mushroom_man2.jpg

mushroom_man3.jpg

mushroom_man4.jpg

mushroom_man5.jpg

another little blue boat :)

FB_IMG_1664013348735.jpg

this is the mary river :)
at the start of the mary river is a mediaeval village.in the bush.in queensland. Trippy :beer:
Screenshot_20220925-164544.png

then the river travels east, it gets big and it floods badly...and then just about where this blue boat is, it merges with the great sandy strait and out into the coral ocean 🌊 🌊🌊

Last edited:
The moon is looking rather splendid this eve so I tried out my super-tele on it and I'm rather chuffed with the level of detail on it. First effort from a few days ago:
moon1.jpg

...and tonight's which I'm much happier with - used a tripod this time instead of hoping the image stabilisation worked. No tweaks done in post-processing other than a bump in contrast (I deliberately shot in a lower contrast mode than usual to give me as much dynamic range as possible).
moon2.jpg

Hopefully there's still some detail visible after it's been resized.

Back
Top Bottom