Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pensioner arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death.

:hmm:

so...

is the consensus then, that if the police find someone dead of stab wounds at or near a residential dwelling, and someone says they are a householder and that the deceased was a burglar then the plod on the ground should just say "oh, ok then" and leave it at that?
Don't think it's a consensus but there certainly seems to be a few folk who think that plod should have immediately accepted the old boy's version without question, tucked him back into bed and fucked off.

so...

is the consensus then, that if the police find someone dead of stab wounds at or near a residential dwelling, and someone says they are a householder and that the deceased was a burglar then the plod on the ground should just say "oh, ok then" and leave it at that?
No. But there are no grounds for charging the guy with murder. If you were attacked and in defending yourself killed the attacker would you expect to be arrested for murder? How would the Urban massive react if a black kid killed a white racist in self defence, or a woman killed an abuser? or a rapist who jumped her?

This was never murder and OB fucked up big time.

so...

Yeah they should have arrested his wife too though. Just lying in bed claiming she had dementia or something while someone is being killed downstairs?

The police should have made him a cup of tea, asked if he needed any relatives called, and recommended him for a Chief Constables commendation. An inquest will take place in due course.

How would the Urban massive react if a black kid killed a white racist in self defence, or a woman killed an abuser? or a rapist who jumped her?

All these things you mention have obvious power dynamics going on in them.

There’s a difference.

Either the police actually suspected he committed murder or we accept that they can arrest people under false pretences just to make their job easier.

Having been the victim of 4 burglaries it is quite possible that I don't have a very logical approach to this question and may, indeed, not give a flying fuck what the filth's standard practice is. Comrade.

Having been the victim of 4 burglaries it is quite possible that I don't have a very logical approach to this question and may, indeed, not give a flying fuck what the filth's standard practice is. Comrade.
Well, do you think it's wise to post on a subject if you don't give a flying fuck about the detail? :hmm:

It's standard practice for perfectly good reason.

I think as someone who has been through the grief of being burgled, I think that my views are relevent. And I've just heard on the news that all charges have been dropped against the guy,.

No further action after 'burglar' death

so I'll live with what I've posted. I've certainly posted worse bollocks! and I have no reason to have a row with you Spy.

I think as someone who has been through the grief of being burgled, I think that my views are relevent. And I've just heard on the news that all charges have been dropped against the guy,.

No further action after 'burglar' death

so I'll live with what I've posted. I've certainly posted worse bollocks! and I have no reason to have a row with you Spy.
Lol! We're not having a row :D

You're just raising a point that has been comprehensively dealt with already.

I was thinking that earlier. If the dead twat is from a scumbag family they'll likely want revenge.

OK.

OK.

It’s only a “scumbag family” that might want revenge.

A killing type revenge.

Gotcha.

But it’s ok...ok...for any ‘common sense, reasonable, right thinking Urban 75er’ to think it alright to kill someone for burglary. And that doesn’t involve scumbaggery at all.

At all.

I’m sure I’ve misunderstood something somewhere. Don’t worry about me.

Obviously if I was sitting in the back garden - as has happened - and a bloke wandered in through the side gate because there wasn't a car in the drive I wouldn't be justified in jumping out of my deck chair grabbing a maglight and clubbing him to death. The best option would obviously be to ask him what the fuck he was doing and hear some lame excuse. If, on the other hand, I woke up in the middle of the night hearing noises downstairs and with my family in the home I went down to investigate to be met by a man with a weapon it would be entirely reasonable for me to use physical force to get him out of the house. If I was in fear of my own and my families safety that proportionate force may result in the intruders unfortunate death. An inquest, rather than cross examination after an unwarranted arrest, being the best legal forum to examine that death.

OK.

OK.

But it’s ok...ok...for any ‘common sense, reasonable, right thinking Urban 75er’ to think it alright to kill someone for burglary. And that doesn’t involve scumbaggery at all.

At all.

You ever been burgled? ever had kids who can't sleep at night or can't even face going to their bedrooms at night after a burglary?

I'm not suggesting all burglers should die. I understand why shit like that happens. Poverty, drugs etc - it is shit.

But if you commit a crime like that and shit happens in the process, well bad fucking luck.

You ever been burgled? ever had kids who can't sleep at night or can't even face going to their bedrooms at night after a burglary?

I'm not suggesting all burglers should die. I understand why shit like that happens. Poverty, drugs etc - it is shit.

But if you commit a crime like that and shit happens in the process, well bad fucking luck.
Best to avoid killing someone but obvs if it’s true that the old man was backed into a kitchen by two armed men it somewhat limits his options.

OK.

OK.

It’s only a “scumbag family” that might want revenge.

A killing type revenge.

Gotcha.

At all.

Not only scumbag families want revenge but they are the ones to be scared of as they are more likely to act upon those desires.

What were they?
I shall have to dig them out, and I am pissed, musiced out, and tired - they were in the Telegraph article linked to earlier in the thread. Essentially, they were minimising his role in the thing, and being very sorry that he'd been killed. I picked up undertones of unfairness that it should have happened - the sort of position that can, with a goodly dose of righteous indignation, turn into resentment against the person who was responsible for the killing (OK, we all know that that person was the burglar, but it didn't feel like the family member thought so). If I find it, I'll post the link and a quote.

Back
Top Bottom