Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pensioner arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death.

What is your point, caller?
Kids can be burglars and kids can be murderers so my worst case scenario about getting murdered is still valid. So you adding 'even if it's a child' was an unnecessary addition.

Kids can be burglars and kids can be murderers so my worst case scenario about getting murdered is still valid. So you adding 'even if it's a child' was an unnecessary addition.
So just to get this in context, what percentage of children burglars commit murder in the UK?

So just to get this in context, what percentage of children burglars commit murder in the UK?
I'm not in receipt of that information. When in doubt play it safe and so assume all of them. Safer than assuming none if them.
Im not exactly going to be googling stats during a home Invasion.

About 4% of murders are committed during a theft. 60% of murderers are known to the victim, the chance of being slaughtered in your sleep by a rouge 12-year-old stealing your iPhone is pretty slim.

About 4% of murders are committed during a theft. 60% of murderers are known to the victim, the chance of being slaughtered in your sleep by a rouge 12-year-old stealing your iPhone is pretty slim.
That will be of great comfort to your orphaned kids after you were slaughtered in your sleep.

"At least it was a really rare type of murder" said no one who lost someone to a rare murder.

Drivers are normally arrested after fatal accidents, as shown by a google news search for 'uk driver arrested after fatal accident', which returns over a million results.

Being arrested in this case protects you; giving you access to free legal support and due process.

This is one of the most male threads on Urban (outside of the railway threads). Do no female urbs want to come on here and fantasize about what they'd do if someone threatened their faaammlleee?

Lets face it the most likely outcome of fronting up to a burglar is losing. This pensioner guy probably got lucky.

That will be of great comfort to your orphaned kids after you were slaughtered in your sleep.

"At least it was a really rare type of murder" said no one who lost someone to a rare murder.
So how many actual examples of children burglars "slaughtering people in their sleep" can you find for the UK in, say, the last five years?

Any at all?

Don't worry, every day I fill my kids with fear about how awful and violent modern Britain is. I'm sure as they'll grow I'll be proud when they glass some guy in a pub for spilling his pint.

You currently have a 1:1,000,000 chance of being murdered in the UK. You have a higher chance of getting breast cancer as man than being the victim of a violent crime.

This is one of the most male threads on Urban (outside of the railway threads). Do no female urbs want to come on here and fantasize about what they'd do if someone threatened their faaammlleee?

Lets face it the most likely outcome of fronting up to a burglar is losing. This pensioner guy probably got lucky.
Traditionally it's been the man's role to confront burglars but as we strive towards equality it's perfectly reasonable to say 'fuck you, we've been challenging then for generations, your turn'.

This could go for days a quick google will end most questions.

However I am not sure but the details of murder by child cut throats goes back proberly centuries.
A 13 yr old was killed in London, as well as three other children and a man being stabbed, just this past weekend.

But if it were me or any of my family, who haven't served in the forces, I would say it irrisponsible even foolhardy to tackle a guy-half-your-age and kill them. We may never the truth was it a struggle to the death or something more macarb.

The law is not set in stone and times are a changing...not for good it seems.

Don't worry, every day I fill my kids with fear about how awful and violent modern Britain is. I'm sure as they'll grow I'll be proud when they glass some guy in a pub for spilling his pint.

You currently have a 1:1,000,000 chance of being murdered in the UK. You have a higher chance of getting breast cancer as man than being the victim of a violent crime.
That high? We totally need to give the state more police powers and gain control of our borders again.

That high? We totally need to give the state more police powers and gain control of our borders again.
In case you missed it: how many actual examples of children burglars "slaughtering people in their sleep" can you find for the UK in, say, the last five years?

I do have a hefty torch by the bed, it has a very bright light, so my plan of action (i.e. fantasy) would be to disorient the burglar with the bright light and shout at them to get the fuck out of my house. ;)

I do have a hefty torch by the bed, it has a very bright light, so my plan of action (i.e. fantasy) would be to disorient the burglar with the bright light and shout at them to get the fuck out of my house. ;)
Will that be enough to scare off a child sleep slaughterer though? Best get an AK 47 just to be safe. No one want to be a sleep slaughtered statistic.

Don't children ever commit burglaries then?

Oh why yes they do, Fucking loads of them:
One-in-six suspected burglars are children as more than 17,000 minors arrested
Not quite sure what your point is here. The law is clear. Self defense, including lethal force, is allowed as long as it is deemed in line to the perceived threat at the time. So it doesn’t really matter how old a burglar may be. It’s unlikely any of us would see a 6 year old and think they’re about to murder us. A big teenager, maybe.

Either way they get encouraged to fuck off and hopefully they do.

Not quite sure what your point is here. The law is clear. Self defense, including lethal force, is allowed as long as it is deemed in line to the perceived threat at the time. So it doesn’t really matter how old a burglar may be. It’s unlikely any of us would see a 6 year old and think they’re about to murder us. A big teenager, maybe.

Either way they get encouraged to fuck off and hopefully they do.
The point being that you sneered when I brought up the point about many burglaries being committed by children, as if it was a fantastic notion.

Will that be enough to scare off a child sleep slaughterer though? Best get an AK 47 just to be safe. No one want to be a sleep slaughtered statistic.

I've found the best way to deter the hordes of murderous children from my home is to turn the wifi off before I go to sleep and place a Nintendo Wii under my CRT TV.

If this is a genuine deliberate plan I can improve it for you. Invest in a tactical torch with a strobe function. A strong LED strobe will disorient far better than just a strong beam.

If this is a genuine deliberate plan I can improve it for you. Invest in a tactical torch with a strobe function. A strong LED strobe will disorient far better than just a strong beam.
How many times have you had to fend off burglars yourself then?

Back
Top Bottom