Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Photos!

Goals galore as Peckham Town thump Ide Hill 5-3 - in photos

More here Goals galore as Peckham Town thump Ide Hill 5-3: in photos

Too cold! I vastly underestimated the weather. Was still undecided in the morning whether to head here or make the trip to Billericay.

Results meant I made the right decision on the day, but deep down I'd hoped I'd be kicking myself for missing the Hamlet take 'Ricky apart.

Was a weird match as Borden seemed a class above most teams in the league, in terms of behaviour as much as ability, but they lost the head with 15 mins to go. They had a cracker of a goal chalked off too.

Too cold! I vastly underestimated the weather. Was still undecided in the morning whether to head here or make the trip to Billericay.

Results meant I made the right decision on the day, but deep down I'd hoped I'd be kicking myself for missing the Hamlet take 'Ricky apart.

Was a weird match as Borden seemed a class above most teams in the league, in terms of behaviour as much as ability, but they lost the head with 15 mins to go. They had a cracker of a goal chalked off too.

They are the naughtiest boys in the division by a distance this season. Their shithousery at the away match was quite something.

I loved the away team lino getting more and more frustrated with his own team :D
On reflection I think my favourite bit was when the ref, having given us a contested corner, “evened things up” a moment later by giving them a goal kick after one of their defenders, with no one near him, hoofed the ball into Dulwich Park.

On reflection I think my favourite bit was when the ref, having given us a contested corner, “evened things up” a moment later by giving them a goal kick after one of their defenders, with no one near him, hoofed the ball into Dulwich Park.

Probably one of the most bizarre decisions I've seen!

So I see we're got Ten-Em-Bee on Saturday 9th April, so looked up their unusual name - and there's a big Brixton connection!

Danny Fairman grew up in Kingston, Jamaica, and travelled to England on a boat with his 9 year old younger sister when he was 12 years old. Earl was born in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1954, and his mother immigrated to England in 1961, followed by him in 1966. At the time, BOAC was the sole airline travelling from Jamaica to England. While his mother was at work, he went to Kentwood School in Penge and enjoyed watching football and cricket on TV. Tony Davis, Frank Stellastow, Danny, and Earl all expressed a desire for more out of life. They claimed they felt like greyhounds in the league they played in and that they weren’t seen as innovative, so they decided to build their own teams based on their love of football and recruited guys from their place of employment, The Metal Box Company. The Metal Box was a global firm with locations in Jamaica and South Africa, which gave them confidence in their goal of playing in a squad that was naturally varied and made their players feel included. Although name of Ten Em Bee came from the merging between the Tenth Branch in the Metal Box company and the Brixton Beehive and in July 1975 Ten Em Bee was born.

Back
Top Bottom