Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Patrick Finucane

It's a political forum and you find the fact that people take it serious as pompous?
Taking politics seriously is fine. But people on this board make the mistake of thinking that their opinion on these things matters. Internet keyboard warriors and their pals hang out on like-minded boards all over the internet. I'm not sure if the discussions people have result in anything.

OK you got me, I made a stupid post based on a situation I had no understanding of and then for some reason spent a long time trying to defend it.

I'm really quite ashamed of myself and I can only apologise. I really don't know why I keep doing this, I'm actually quite nice in real life.

I'm not being sarcastic any more, I'm genuinely sorry for being such a twat. It's probably better if I leave this thread now.
Fair play to you.

OK you got me, I made a stupid post based on a situation I had no understanding of and then for some reason spent a long time trying to defend it.

I'm really quite ashamed of myself and I can only apologise. I really don't know why I keep doing this, I'm actually quite nice in real life.

I'm not being sarcastic any more, I'm genuinely sorry for being such a twat. It's probably better if I leave this thread now.

really? Wow.

Taking politics seriously is fine. But people on this board make the mistake of thinking that their opinion on these things matters. Internet keyboard warriors and their pals hang out on like-minded boards all over the internet. I'm not sure if the discussions people have result in anything.
I know of some on here who are far from keyboard warriors, just because it is only a discussion forum does not mean that anyone can just talk shite or not expect to be challenged when they post something that others see as shite.

You don't know what class I come from. Everyone assumes I'm middle class because of the way I write. Another symptom of this one-dimensional understanding of class everyone seems so fond of.

My assumptions are based on other things you've let slip, Frank, not on how you write.

Try again, and try harder, there's a love.

Here we go again, I must be a lifestyler if I don't regurgitate your simplistic bullshit. Whatever a lifestyler is.

You're a lifestyler. How can you be anything else when your "anarchism" is so shallow it's barely informed at all? That's not because of what you do or don't regurgitate, it's because of the lack of rootedness of anything you have to say.

Urban75 is 99% talking shit. It's only the pompous, self important politicos on the board who take themselves seriously.

I'm definitely in the 99% talking shit brigade and don't think I take myself seriously, nobody else does. Pompous maybe but you've made 20,000 posts so what are you doing here? Just had a pop at you because of a fickle post about reeling people in. Still don't get the trolling thing, is this it?! Mince pie threads fair enough but it's not self-important to discuss politics here is it?

fair play

TBF it is an easy trap to fall into on the internet but it's rare to see it acknowledged like this.

I think we should all get the occasional pass on making an arse of it, in the good old days it used to happen in the pub when everyone else was so pissed as well they could barely remember what happened either. Now it's all in glaring vision for all time, I'm fucking glad I'm 50 not 25.

TBF it is an easy trap to fall into on the internet but it's rare to see it acknowledged like this.

I think we should all get the occasional pass on making an arse of it, in the good old days it used to happen in the pub when everyone else was so pissed as well they could barely remember what happened either. Now it's all in glaring vision for all time, I'm fucking glad I'm 50 not 25.

Physically, 50.

Intellectually and politically....:p :D

I know of some on here who are far from keyboard warriors, just because it is only a discussion forum does not mean that anyone can just talk shite or not expect to be challenged when they post something that others see as shite.
Challenging would be fine. It's just these threads turn into a bully-banging. I think they reflect a social dynamic of the board rather than any appetite for discussion. These kinds of threads are pretty much all men, and I defy you to tell me there isn't a lot of egos at work.

I think people need to be able to step away sometimes and analysise why they're being criticsised by others and also harden the fuck up when it comes to banter. I've always worked demanding jobs where the ability to take some pretty harsh banter and to deal with some pretty blunt criticism goes with the teritory?

Challenging would be fine. It's just these threads turn into a bully-banging. I think they reflect a social dynamic of the board rather than any appetite for discussion. These kinds of threads are pretty much all men, and I defy you to tell me there isn't a lot of egos at work.
I agree that at times some of the threads can descend into bullying, not sure that is the case this time as I thought that he was challenged on what he was saying rather than just coated off, not sure either about the rest of your post.

Could people stop using the acronym "pira" it marks you down as a cunt of the highest order.

umm, why ?
Because it was used by the British army and only them until the more right wing media picked it up.Nobody in Ireland used it,it's the 'Ra or the stickies to distinguish.
It's a bit like the term "the mainland" if we're going to have a conversation it's best to get the loaded terms out of the way first.

Because it was used by the British army and only them until the more right wing media picked it up.Nobody in Ireland used it,it's the 'Ra or the stickies to distinguish.
It's a bit like the term "the mainland" if we're going to have a conversation it's best to get the loaded terms out of the way first.
There are that many IRA's now you have to use some way to differentiate between them.

There are that many IRA's now you have to use some way to differentiate between them.
Anyone with a vague idea of Ireland knows the differentiation between the various groups,the Brit Army terminology was a deliberate attempt to say "pira" is different from the "IRA" and it's historical part in the struggle for Irish freedom.Have you ever heard a republican of any stripe refer to "pira"?
The Provisionals,yes,"pira" never.

Anyone with a vague idea of Ireland knows the differentiation between the various groups,the Brit Army terminology was a deliberate attempt to say "pira" is different from the "IRA" and it's historical part in the struggle for Irish freedom.Have you ever heard a republican of any stripe refer to "pira"?
Really really not the right person to do this on.

Fair play for putting your hands-up...

Easy to find yourself painted into a corner by your history and continuing a strategy long after it's use-by date isn't it?

Internet keyboard warriors and their pals hang out on like-minded boards all over the internet. I'm not sure if the discussions people have result in anything.

So why not just bore off and leave this thread alone, you condescending clown

Back
Top Bottom