Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Paraguay v NZ/Slovakia v Italy

belboid

Exasperated, not angry.
well, I'm hoping for two 1-1 draws and Italy going out on the drawing of lots.

Rather more likely is Italy finally pulling their finger out and knocking several in, while Paraguay will be happy to settle for the draw, and NZ for not losing and having a (slightly, technically) better record than Australia.

I think NZ will win. But then I'm a tad biased.

It'd be good for the Cup to see Italy go out though. Cheating, boring cunts.

I'm praying it does....of all the odd team selections - I know Lippi and Cassano don't see eye to eye and he is a moody fucker but leaving Totti at home too was a huge error.

I'm praying it does....of all the odd team selections - I know Lippi and Cassano don't see eye to eye and he is a moody fucker but leaving Totti at home too was a huge error.

considering italy aren't hugely blessed up front it's vaguely incredible lippi didn't take someone like cassano or totti to create the chances that iaquinta and gilardino could occasionally score from.

would love it to come down to the drawing of lots :D

Not the worst result, but it would mean Slovakia go through instead of NZ. NZ need to win, otherwise Italy or Slovakia will get through.

france already gone and now italy looking like they're on their way home as well, who'd have thunk it?

Indeed, though with their defence they will probably be going home as soon as they actually play anyone decent. For all the laughs at England's group, the Italians group should have been easier to get out of.

edit: also kudos to the Guardian's mbm coverage:

MBM-Howard-Webb-001.jpg

:D

Calm down. This is in the script.

- They'll score two suspect goals in this match.
- Beat Denmark in the next round.
- Get Ronaldo sent off and progress against Portugal.
- Get Tevez and a couple of other Argies sent off. Win on pens.
- Get stuffed by the Dutch in the final.

Or maybe, this is the worst Italian side in living memory.

Lippi's brilliant strategy of having 5 Juve players-who were shite last year-and who Lippi used to manage really paying off..... :rolleyes::facepalm:
And like Domench with France Lippi is off ski after this World Cup with his replacement already named.

Lippi's brilliant strategy of having 5 Juve players-who were shite last year-and who Lippi used to manage really paying off..... :rolleyes::facepalm:
And like Domench with France Lippi is off ski after this World Cup with his replacement already named.

Lets hope both Marcello and Raymond throw their hats into the ring for the job at Anfield - I for one would welcome them with open arms.

Back
Top Bottom