Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Italy v New Zealand

NZ deserved their point,they were'nt jammy or lucky,was'nt one of those backs against the wall performances either

Fantastic. Awful referee, neither goal should have happened, and he didn't see an awful lot of what was going on. But great game, and an awesome result.

Ryan Nelsen: "every player put in a shift today"
Ricki Herbert, on being asked if they can beat Paraguay: "look, who knows, but we'll be bloody hard to beat"

:cool:

Wonder what odds you can get for England, France, Italy,Germany and Spain all getting knocked out in the first round :hmm:

Great displab by New Zealand, who proved they were here for more than provide padding :D

I should probably be surprised why the italian press still haven't declared war on Lippi, but his policy of inviting journos to a cruise in the mediterranean in his yacht proved valuable.

Be like 1982 all over again
They don't have the same quality as then but from here I sort of expect them to turn the divin' an' cheatin' up to 11 and grab a couple of dodgy 1-0s or ET/penalties wins.

I was dreading a kiwi red card too. Good idea to take Fallon off.

And to think, there were people saying teams like New Zealand and North Korea shouldn't be at the World Cup :rolleyes:

I bloody love sport.
I know,none of the so-called minnows have let themselves down so far,some of the big boys need to take a long hard look in the mirror though.

They don't have the same quality as then but from here I sort of expect them to turn the divin' an' cheatin' up to 11 and grab a couple of dodgy 1-0s or ET/penalties wins.

Diving should be a fucking sending off offense.

Cannavaro shoulda been pentioned off a few years ago

I don't know what i'm more stunned at: New Zealand holding the world champions to a draw,or Chris Killen making it through two consecutive games without getting injured. Between this,Harry 'oh is there a major tournament/cup final coming up? I'm fit now,can i have my place back?' Kewell getting sent off and France's spectacular implosion, i haven't stopped laughing all weekend.

I got two quid on NZ to lift the cup, the bet is still on... 2500-1..

Apparently our prime minister was rocking the party in the dressing room after the game. Just embarrassing. Straight outta the conchords... :facepalm:

Aye, I recall my dwyer saying the following.

Dwyers comments are still vaild tho. If Italy are held by the 78th best team in the world imagine what the 50th best team would have done, or the 77th come to that(whoever they are)!!

Back
Top Bottom