Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Orbital vs Underworld

look, this is indisputable. Had a night last night where Nuxx was played and it was perfect while I was gurning my face off in the club

Orbital at Glastonbury went on when we were chilling on the sofa at home

No fucking contest, if you wanna stomp then it's Underworld

definitely orbital for me, by some margin, not to mention that Phil & Paul Hartnoll are still very active musically, despite orbital being disbanded, and I really enjoy some of Phils 'Longrange' stuff and his dj sets.

I do get sweatier at underworld sets but it just doesnt have the spine tingling magic that orbital usually delivered live

Spose it has to be Orbital but doesn't mean Underworld aren't boss still.

I used to really like Satin Spawn even though it was regarded amongst other people i know as being a bit gash.

Reckon i've got chime kickin around on single somewhere aswell

Fucking underworld, and everyone else can shut up.

Mainly because of Rez, it just owns all the dance stuffs. I gurned my face off to that at T, it makes me cry still to this day just thinking about it.

orbital, by a mile. ropey production on occasion, but better music. underworld does nothing for my soul, ever. :)

Mainly because of Rez, it just owns all the dance stuffs. I gurned my face off to that at T, it makes me cry still to this day just thinking about it.[/QUOTE

Oooo have you heard Rezgirl? It basically Rez and cowgirl mixed in and out of each other over about ten minues. Fuckin ace ine the face!

The last time I posted on this thread I was undecided but having seen Underworld twice since then I'm now decided that they win it hands down.

The only thing that might of dragged it the other way was the slightly Spinal Tap moment when the inflatable things on stage at the Roundhouse venue failed to rise without some assistance last year.

Mainly because of Rez, it just owns all the dance stuffs. I gurned my face off to that at T, it makes me cry still to this day just thinking about it.[/QUOTE

Oooo have you heard Rezgirl? It basically Rez and cowgirl mixed in and out of each other over about ten minues. Fuckin ace ine the face!

I HAVE INDEED!

Man it's been such a long time since I MDMA'd i feel it's now safe to pay another visit.

Yeh, but you haven't seen Orbital twice since you posted on this thread so that's kinda moot :p

Yeah but since Orbital split the year before I posted my original comment the chances to go and see them live and rate them against Underworld have been somewhat limited.

Looking back on the times that I've seen both bands for me the winner is Underworld.

Orbital by a mile, they've produced some great tracks, impact, the box, girl with the sun in her head, chime . Underworld is just an advertising exec speaking over some generic techno.

Hmm I would say Orbital.
It would have been made an easier choice if Underworld didnt have Rez and Pearls Girl (to name but a few)
I would say over all Orbital have a fair few more "Choon's" though

Musics not a competition Firky - everyones a winner ;) (apart from Underworld, who lose to Orbital - obviously)
thread doesnt seem much different from any other to me, other than maybe you cared more about the artists invovled, and were younger and more enthusiastic about music then? all i know is im still plenty educated and entertained everyday here - still manage to waste way too many hours - something must be going on.

Underworld by a country mile.

Both are ace live. But Orbitals albums never hold my attention all the way through. You can create a great 'best of' from them. Underworld, I love every one of their albums, start to finish. I even quite like some Freur tracks. Doot Doot is ace.

Underworld Mk1 (Underneath the radar) is a bit of dodgy album mind.

eta. What pk said 8 years ago.

Underworld, by a long way.

beesonthewhatnow, I'll never forget that evening I came down from Buxton, walked in your door and without so much as a hello was led to a table of goodness and instructed to "take this, drink that and we're going here!" At which point a free ticket was thrust in my hand for an Underworld gig which kicked off in less than an hour...

Epic night :)

(though I still like orbital too ;) )

A bounce from so far back I got an email. :D

I thought I was going to be able to reply with new knowledge, but it seems it was Leftfield's album I finally bought recently - nearly 20 years late and still haven't "got", but I just went and listened to previews of "Dubnobasswithmyheadman" ..

Underworld seems a bit noisy and beery in comparison.

Orbital's early stuff was delightfully stripped-down and "baroque" - I got a bit annoyed when they started using more samples - heading almost in an Orb direction ... so since I only like the Brown and Yellow albums, I'm probably not qualified ...

I never gave Underworld a fair crack of the whip. Watched half a set once and walked away bored.

Whereas Orbital gets my attention everytime :cool:

Back
Top Bottom