Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Orbital vs Underworld

I'm off to see them at the Piece Hall, Halifax in June. Which is supposed to be great as a venue and I've not seen anything there yet.
it being called the TK Maxx Piece Hall is slightly off-putting, but it is meant to be great (I'm' off to see pj Harvey there in august)

it being called the TK Maxx Piece Hall is slightly off-putting, but it is meant to be great (I'm' off to see pj Harvey there in august)
I'd not noticed they'd got sponsorship now - it is at least just for the summer gigs 'TK Maxx presents...', they've not actually tagged TK Maxx onto the name of the place. I visit the place regularly but never for a gig.

Just looking at the setlist. Looks like the same as previous shows recently. I wish they'd be more random again - back in the day it was so much less predictable and they didn't always end with NUXX.

There's a handful I'd liked to have been there for (Tin There, Kittens, Juanita etc), basically all the Darren Emerson era stuff - but there looks like a fair amount of newish tracks too which tbh I'm not digging as much these days.

Glad it was fun though for those that went.

Wasn't too far from the set I'd have written had I been allowed to :D
Good to see a couple of tracks off most albums, S.T.A.R. made far more sense to me live than recorded, and I was pretty much non-stop ecstatic dancing until I ran out of steam halfway through the second set. Dirty Epic, wow, I got to see it live. Nearly had a cry :D

enjoyed it but... would definitely be Team Orbital :D more tunes that translate to a big room/concert atmosphere imho.

had some lovely moments but some of the heavier, straight club tracks don't work so well for me. enjoyed Dirty Epic, Jumbo, Dark and Long, Two Months Off. also wasn't that happy with our drugs, so there's that.

Back
Top Bottom