Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
(still can't hear the into of Brown Sugar without thinking of that bit of the opening credits/theme of Sounds Of The 60s)

it wasn't quite the overwhelming experience i was hoping for (as well as the lame prog 'new' songs, their backdrop was a poorly edited vhs loop of argento film clips), but they were still bloody good at the important points... profondo rosso was the high point. :cool:

Seke Molenga & Kalo Kawongolo With Lee Scratch Perry - From The Heart Of The Congo

afro dub holy grail business. here.

i really like this record, though ive heard it slated by some 'commentators' :facepalm: it is raw, but thats good

if i remember the story right, the two guys who sing were on holiday in JA, and nowhere near professional musicians (im not sure if they were musicians at all back home!) - naturally that didnt put lee off and so the record got done. its a pretty unique piece of africa meets jamaica 70s music - i know of nothing like it. if anyone does please tell me!

also i think it got shelved for a uk release, possibly by whatshisname from Island records - got a cd release recently though! lewisham library has got it in!

it's a fine album - although my favourite track is the mis-labelled robert palmer tune that they tagged onto the end.

did palmer do any other reggae - 'cause it's a fucking good tune. :cool:

it's a fine album - although my favourite track is the mis-labelled robert palmer tune that they tagged onto the end.

did palmer do any other reggae - 'cause it's a fucking good tune. :cool:
you know my version doesnt have that, but it does have a lot more tracks (that didnt make it to that vinyl) - im on the dl now!

heres the cd rerelease with more tracks:
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/7054645/a/African+Roots+From+The+Black+Ark.htm

EDIT: Just heard that Palmer tune - love it! nice changes ~ thanks for the heads up :)

Here it is for those too lazy to download!

Hiddenworld.jpg

Eric Clapton & BB King - Riding With The King:facepalm:
Van Morrison - Down The Road :mad:
Black Label Society - hangover music (currentlly mangling the words of A Whiter Shade Of Pale:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom