Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

On The CD Player Today (take 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
0322.jpg

Yeah, I'd have thought you'd have been a fan... but hey, there's no accounting for art and it getting under one's skin... or not, eh? :)

Nope - unpredictable as fuck - which only adds to the overall enjoyment :)

A couple of my bessie mates have astounded me in the past with their dislike of stuff that I would have put money on them loving

Tis true :D Still, they make up for it by having extraordinarily good taste in most other areas - unlike poor Dotty :(

np, Tarran the Tailor - The Salt

lovely, this

For some reason, I just can't get on with Drive By Truckers. They should do it for me, but they just don't

you're wrong and should be tied down and made to listen to Southern Rock Opera until you realise it is, in fact, a work of sublime genius and are inspired to tell people how they've got George wallace wrong actually

The duality of the Southern thing .................. comes up several times in the album , certainly opend my eyes , even the possibilty of Neil Young being an honourary pallbearer was news to me. I have in my hand thenewly arrived Essential Lynyrd Skynrd , cant wait for my drive home.

you're wrong and should be tied down and made to listen to Southern Rock Opera until you realise it is, in fact, a work of sublime genius and are inspired to tell people how they've got George wallace wrong actually

*shrug*

Some's got it, some ain't - and they ain't, not for me anyhow

Come on, it's not like I don't have a veritable feast of other bands to devour is it? :D

a feast? Without the truckers i fear you'll be left with just a cold meat platter...

Anyway, to go with reading The Girl Who Played With Fire, i am listening to The Knife - Tomorrow In A Year

Loyko - Ах, зачем эта ночь... (Ah, Why Was This Night).
disc10.jpg

Loyko - Два Ангела (Two Angels)
disc9.jpg

Russian gypsy fiddling again. Such a sweet, sweet sound :cool:

Cocteau Twins - "Head Over Heels"
Lee Perry - "A Serious Dub"

Apparently there's debate over whether the latter is a genuine Scratch record, but fuck it, there's some gorgoeus deep heavy bassy dub there so I'm happy.

We've had Alicia Keys newish one on the car this week as i got it for ms starfishs birthday. It isnt too bad to be honest. Never really listened to her much before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom