Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

5 songs on shuffle

I don't have pimplyfy etc, but I do set up a list of things for Winamp to play.

Train - Drops of Jupiter
Melanie - Detroit or Buffalo
Waylon Jennings - Broken Promise Land
Jimi - Castles made of sand
Gabrielle - Rise
Summer's Almost Gone - Doors
Springsteen - Highway 29
Rock Follies - Glen Miller is missing
Kate Wolf - Green eyes.

I don't have pimplyfy etc, but I do set up a list of things for Winamp to play.

Train - Drops of Jupiter
Melanie - Detroit or Buffalo
Waylon Jennings - Broken Promise Land
Jimi - Castles made of sand
Gabrielle - Rise
Summer's Almost Gone - Doors
Springsteen - Highway 29
Rock Follies - Glen Miller is missing
Kate Wolf - Green eyes.
Hippy. 🙄

Just listening to that Sabbath tune, and I've just twigged where the riff and the title to this comes from. I've always had a nagging doubt that I'd heard the riff before

Just listening to that Sabbath tune, and I've just twigged where the riff and the title to this comes from. I've always had a nagging doubt that I'd heard the riff before

I’ve always known that! But then Master of Reality is my favourite Sabbath album, and probably one of my all time favourite albums.

I’ve always known that! But then Master of Reality is my favourite Sabbath album, and probably one of my all time favourite albums.
Seems obvious now. :D Although Sweat Loaf is a typically surreal Butthole Surfers song title so I never thought any more of it.

My favourite Butthole Surfers moment was when they came on at Reading and trashed all their equipment about 3 songs in. :D

Seems obvious now. :D Although Sweat Loaf is a typically surreal Butthole Surfers song title so I never thought any more of it.

My favourite Butthole Surfers moment was when they came on at Reading and trashed all their equipment about 3 songs in. :D
I remember about 10 years ago my brother popped in and I was listening to Hairway to Steven and he said “Do you still listen to stuff like this at your age?”

🤣🤷‍♂️

I remember about 10 years ago my brother popped in and I was listening to Hairway to Steven and he said “Do you still listen to stuff like this at your age?”

🤣🤷‍♂️
:D

I honestly find the idea of listening to them on acid frankly terrifying but that's what my friends at college used to do. John reckoned "Jimi" immediately followed by the live version was the way to do it properly. Iirc the live one is practically a different song and that really fucks with your head. :D

Unique band mind. I seem to remember there's a bit where they're all in bed together in one of their videos and one of them casually vomits and the rest of them just carry on like nothing is out of the ordinary.

John also said his dream gig lineup would be a double-header of Parliament and The Butthole Surfers. With some jamming between the two.

I wonder what he's up to these days, if he's still with us.

Back
Top Bottom