Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Cycling Events

This is an intresting take on the race..

This just reads like sour grapes by Ludwig to me, moaning about the 'big teams' when the race was won by a competitor who didn't even have a team.

I'm no big cycling fan but even I know what Kiesenhofer did today was phenomenal - and not just because she was a rank outsider - and shouldn't be belittled by sore losers. Not that she'll give a fuck.

This just reads like sour grapes by Ludwig to me, moaning about the 'big teams' when the race was won by a competitor who didn't even have a team.

I'm no big cycling fan but even I know what Kiesenhofer did today was phenomenal - and not just because she was a rank outsider - and shouldn't be belittled by sore losers. Not that she'll give a fuck.
It's not sour grapes - Ludwig was the only rider who went up and warmly congratulated the winner.
She's having a go at the teams with four members (especially the Dutch who seemed to be trying to wait and claim all three medals) not the winner. This kind of balls-up by the peloton happens about once every 30 years in one-day cycling as there's no way any rider no can hold off a huge peloton taking turns to go in the wind.

Kiesenhofer was a couple of bike lengths behind everyone else throughout the neutral pre-start bit...must have been part of her cunning plan. Perhaps trying to appear non-threatening to the others, or to be ignored? Must have been a calculated decision.

Kiesenhofer was a couple of bike lengths behind everyone else throughout the neutral pre-start bit...must have been part of her cunning plan. Perhaps trying to appear non-threatening to the others, or to be ignored? Must have been a calculated decision.
'Calculated decision' eh? :rolleyes: :D

Such a great event - no let up! None of that drafting nonsense or "let's just freewheel here for a bit eh, lads?" :D

No, she freely admits that she hates riding in a peloton, hence just riding TT’s. So, at the first chance she had she rode away :D

Back
Top Bottom