Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Olympic Cycling Events

Brian Smith is a major sound issue. He's even more boring than usual today.

Yeah, he's picking up a little, but he sounded sedated earlier.

Did you watch any of the BBC commentary with Boardman though? My god...

e2a: ah, Brian is slipping slowly away again.

The confusing bit is that the teams are not teams. There are no domestiques. It's every man or woman for themselves. Except when they plot to share the medals and ride together for a bit. And the plotters might be on the same trade team but different national teams.

Van Aevermaet, Jan Tratnik. There are teams.

Yeah, he's picking up a little, but he sounded sedated earlier.

Did you watch any of the BBC commentary with Boardman though? My god...

e2a: ah, Brian is slipping slowly away again.
No. I was considering getting away from Smith but BBC usually do an even more boring coverage and too nationalistic. Talking of which, Crash Thomas is gone.

This is quite fun actually - best riders in the world essentially riding like they're in a large break.

This will be the problem with the BBC coverage flitting around. Will probably buy a Eurosport pass to watch some of the new disciplines

I think that's their second ever Olympic gold, last was 1996 (and that was for 20km walking).

Nice bit of racing for the other two medals too...

(mainly in the I'd have been disappointed if Wout and Pog had missed out)

This will be the problem with the BBC coverage flitting around. Will probably buy a Eurosport pass to watch some of the new disciplines
Unless you specifically want the other sports Eurosport show also, go with GCN+ instead. Much better as you get all the documentaries on there as well.

Great last 60km! Thought Carapaz was going to get caught.. Pogacar seems notably far more happier with things than van Aert.

Back
Top Bottom