Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh Ye Gods, Please, please, please make it sunny for The Glade

pootle said:
Here's the latest from metcheck:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=74

A big whoop! and holla! to Dub! D'you know when the PROD/Lovely Morning haps are yet?

I shall have to think of some way to reward you ;)
getting better, I spy 2 afternoons of sunshine... anyway that's for aldershot, glade is aldermaston which is a good 30 miles away and has it's own microclimate... sunshine all the way I'm telling you:cool:

JTG said:
hope so, it'd be nice to meet ya :)
ay - I'll be mostly knocking around by the production office, so if you're ever in the vicinity come say hi (just ask for gav),

i presume you're working with oxfam? I'll try and make a point of coming up to the oxbox at some point this year to say hello too:cool:

wiskey said:
righty oh i shall leap out at you when you arent expecting it and demand a conversation :D
ay - I'd recommend waiting til I'm looking really stressed too...

actually I'm working on a cunning plan to actually have some time off this year, based around the concept of me not needing to nursemaid my crew too much, so making time for catching up with a few people and the odd bit of fun etc

free spirit said:
ay - I'll be mostly knocking around by the production office, so if you're ever in the vicinity come say hi (just ask for gav),

i presume you're working with oxfam? I'll try and make a point of coming up to the oxbox at some point this year to say hello too:cool:

Yeah I will be. prolly knocking around with wiskers and derv when I aint on shift - unless they've refused to accompany me to the Overkill 'cos they hate everything that's on there :D

JTG said:
Yeah I will be. prolly knocking around with wiskers and derv when I aint on shift - unless they've refused to accompany me to the Overkill 'cos they hate everything that's on there :D

fuck 'em, i'll be there :)

of the 26 acts i want to see, only 6 aren't in the Overkill tent

Aaron Spectre
Andy C
Beardyman
Biosphere
Ceephax
Clark
Congo Natty
DJ Assault
DJ C
DJ Producer
DMZ
Dreadzone
Enduser
Four Tet
Jerome Hill
Loefah
Luke Vibert & Ragga Twins
Milanese
Panacea
Saint Acid
Scotch Egg Band
Si-cut.db
SL2
Squarepusher
Vapor Stage for a bit
Venetian Snares

i dont have any plans to see any acts. will just see what happens.

might have to get shot of jtg though if he starts going near gabba!

Dubversion said:
That's why I didn't get a ticket. Felt like I would be paying for 5 stages of stuff I'm not at all interested in (although the Vapour stage did seem like it might be good in theory). Had I been more loaded I'd probably not have minded though.
Have fun you lucky Gladers.
Hope the weather holds out, but I can't promise I would have a gentle inward smirk if I hear it's tipping it down :p

Dubversion said:

Aaron Spectre
Andy C
Beardyman
Biosphere
Ceephax
Clark
Congo Natty
DJ Assault
DJ C
DJ Producer
DMZ
Dreadzone
Enduser
Four Tet
Jerome Hill
Loefah
Milanese
Panacea
Saint Acid
Scotch Egg Band
Si-cut.db
SL2
Squarepusher
Vapor Stage for a bit
Venetian Snares
I'm only going to see someone called dubversion... missed him last time, gonna try and catch him this time at some point;)

So...if one happened to be getting the train on Saturday :)( ) which is the best station to go to. Aldermaston?

I just looked up train fares from LDN to Thatcham and it was £52 for a return :eek:

pootle said:
So...if one happened to be getting the train on Saturday :)( ) which is the best station to go to. Aldermaston?

don't be rubbish - come on Friday evening!!!! you'll be there early enough to have nuff fun

Gah! Have an amazing time you lot. I will be mostly watching golf in the meantime.

On the plus side it's sunny and I'm spending no cash but I can't wait for Endorse It now :D

Im not going this year but am keeping my fingers crossed its going to be sunnny. Going to Amsterdam instead but I still have my wristband on from last year and will be touching it in a whistfull way.

pootle said:

I just looked up train fares from LDN to Thatcham and it was £52 for a return :eek:
not sure where you're looking, but go to www.thetrainline.com and there are return tickets called network away break tickets for trains from london to thatcham on friday night return sunday night for £26 available now...;)

pootle said:

there's no way it should cost that much!!

go from london to reading and then reading to thatcham and it should be a lot less even as a walk on fare.

just checked and the first class is only £30, its saying £18 for a single on friday eve (and you can get ttrains stright from paddington to thatcham if you do it right).

perplexis said:
I too now want the weather to be good!
Go go go BBC forecast!
forget the forecasts, I'm telling you aldermaston has it's own weather systemi, and glade booked sunshine for the next 25 years when they took on the lease...

positive thinking people, positive thinking:cool:

Dubversion said:

Aaron Spectre
Andy C
Beardyman
Biosphere
Ceephax
Clark
Congo Natty
DJ Assault
DJ C
DJ Producer
DMZ
Dreadzone
Enduser
Four Tet
Jerome Hill
Loefah
Milanese
Panacea
Saint Acid
Scotch Egg Band
Si-cut.db
SL2
Squarepusher
Vapor Stage for a bit
Venetian Snares

Weirdly, that's pretty much who I want to see as well :D

But tbh, Congo Natty are going to make my weekend on their own :)

free spirit said:
forget the forecasts, I'm telling you aldermaston has it's own weather system

It's all those nukes that keep the sun shining :)

Back
Top Bottom