Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Occupy Wall Street

Transparency? The "local" market? What I see is one where all the good fruit 'n' veg is on display and you take a bag, pay for it and when you get home you find it's been taken from the back, over-ripe and not likely to last long. On top of that, you're short-changed and they use undocumented child labour. I prefer Aldi's.

So there is honour in hurting people, just as long as they are not 'American',

yeah I rolled my eyes a bit at that but from the standpoint of putting it on the coppers, shaming them a bit, he was hitting from a strong ground. Half of them couldn't even look at the bloke- one even mumbles about 'i was there with you in iraq'. Give em 'fascist pig' all day long and they'll laugh at the unwashed hippy. A vet putting it on them as to honour and so on is challenging them on grounds that will and clearly did make them very uncomfortable.

True but you're going to find bad fruit with any type of government.

I'm not opposed to the small capitalism but on the whole it has hardwired into it the desire to get larger and more profitable. Small companies want to become bigger companies. What determines what is small c or big C? Either way - no company should expect the government to be its savior when it fails or be its best buddy when it's thriving.

True but you're going to find bad fruit with any type of government.

I'm not opposed to the small capitalism but on the whole it has hardwired into it the desire to get larger and more profitable. Small companies want to become bigger companies. What determines what is small c or big C? Either way - no company should expect the government to be its savior when it fails or be its best buddy when it's thriving.

Yes, the tendency towards monopoly (more oligopoly in reality), that then becomes too big to fail, so the notion of a 'free market' is bogus.

Transparency? The "local" market? What I see is one where all the good fruit 'n' veg is on display and you take a bag, pay for it and when you get home you find it's been taken from the back, over-ripe and not likely to last long. On top of that, you're short-changed and they use undocumented child labour. I prefer Aldi's.

With that level of cynicism, how do you manage to get out of bed in the morning?

With that level of cynicism, how do you manage to get out of bed in the morning?

Sorry to upset your apple cart. The profit motive and price determines behaviour in these settings and it is those who have these thoughts uppermost in their minds who are the cynics not me.

[/trotters trading company]

In terms of levels of interest we held a meeting today at my college (FE and very apolitical to date) and 60 plus students attended in their lunch break. Given that only about ten of them turned out for a student meeting when EMA was threatened with being cut this was pretty significant.

yeah I rolled my eyes a bit at that but from the standpoint of putting it on the coppers, shaming them a bit, he was hitting from a strong ground. Half of them couldn't even look at the bloke- one even mumbles about 'i was there with you in iraq'. Give em 'fascist pig' all day long and they'll laugh at the unwashed hippy. A vet putting it on them as to honour and so on is challenging them on grounds that will and clearly did make them very uncomfortable.

Prod the elephant with sticks, confuse the driver, riddle the path with stones and potholes.

'In terms of levels of interest we held a meeting today at my college (FE and very apolitical to date) and 60 plus students attended in their lunch break. Given that only about ten of them turned out for a student meeting when EMA was threatened with being cut this was pretty significant. '

Who are 'we' and what was the meeting actually about?

'I checked back on the original video just now and since last night the views have gone up by 700,000! That's viral.'

It was a bit of a rant but the faces on the cops was a picture,,,

Big news, if they do i wonder how the TP who seem to have gone quiet and indeed obama will react?
A suggestion, for instance, that the Occupy Wall Street wall be used to sell advertising to fund the movement and that the "war-chest" or donations be used to fund an office with six full-time campaigners have horrified some protesters.

Bad suggestions, disagreements, splits etc... but then that's the kind of plurality you'd expect in a movement assembled with multifarious elements?

'In terms of levels of interest we held a meeting today at my college (FE and very apolitical to date) and 60 plus students attended in their lunch break. Given that only about ten of them turned out for a student meeting when EMA was threatened with being cut this was pretty significant. '

Who are 'we' and what was the meeting actually about?

Students and a few staff. It was about the global occupation. Guest speakers from local Universities from International Politics and media departments. Discussed the mainstream and independent media response, the difference between this and the 'usual' approach to protest.....that sort of thing.

it%27s%20wrong%20to%20create.jpg

Typical, another weed smoking hippy slacker utterly lacking focus and specificity.

Back
Top Bottom