Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Occupy Wall Street

If you want to feel angry ...

The white shirt coppers are the seniors aren't they? it always seem to be the whities doing these things.

Glenn Beck: "This is a Marxist revolution" and "partly led by the unions". Good grief! Beck has some really shocking news! These people are using insurrectionist tactics! Not paying their bills and marching. :rolleyes:

I think Beck is correct that once this settles someone will try to construct a platform out of it. It'll be interesting to see what it amounts to and if it gets better attention than the Teaparty.

From what we can gather, according to eye witness testimony, St. Louis PD has barricaded the Bank of America building and is refusing customer access to deposits.

Eye witness account:

'They would not let me get past that barricade, where those three guys are. I talked to the liutenant of the St. Louis Police Department - and he said they [customers?] don't have a legal right - but he was going to try to work out something, a symbolic gesture where eight people to pull out their money, I being one of them.'

He came back later and said they [BofA] will not go along with that. You will have to withdraw your money online.'

Note that the Bank of America web site has been intermittently in and out of service for the last 72 hours, making it difficult, if not impossible for customers to access their accounts.

more: http://www.SHTFplan.com/

It has come to our attention that this video was originally published in August of this year, thus is not a reflection of OccupyProtests currently taking place in New York and the rest of the U.S. We apologize to our readers for the mistake and inconvenience. While not exactly timely, the video nonetheless reflects what we believe will be the response by police departments the country over if bank runs were to become reality.

Didn't you read this?

It has come to our attention that this video was originally published in August of this year, thus is not a reflection of OccupyProtests currently taking place in New York and the rest of the U.S. We apologize to our readers for the mistake and inconvenience. While not exactly timely, the video nonetheless reflects what we believe will be the response by police departments the country over if bank runs were to become reality.

Didn't you read this?
:oops:

I like this comment on the video

Ben Dover says:
October 4, 2011 at 10:13 pm
Interesting that this showed up today, even though the video is from August.
Today my wife went to a Chase branch and filled out a withdrawl slip for $4K. She said the teller looked at it and stopped cold for a very awkward pause.
She got the cash, but after the teller looked at another woman and recieved an obviously grudging approval. What would happen if someone went in and tried to withdraw an actually large amount of cash?

E2A: :facepalm:

This one does look the real deal? Times Square?
320006_135436239889576_134812666618600_125879_1342469150_n.jpg

I think Beck is correct that once this settles someone will try to construct a platform out of it. It'll be interesting to see what it amounts to and if it gets better attention than the Teaparty.

And there are others suggesting this movement is horizontal and not hierarchical. Not clear yet whether it will stay that way, but likely some leaders will come out of it? What's clear with Beck's ramblings is the agenda he puts forward, based on his own prejudices and the fat pay cheque's.

And there are others suggesting this movement is horizontal and not hierarchical. Not clear yet whether it will stay that way, but likely some leaders will come out of it? What's clear with Beck's ramblings is the agenda he puts forward, based on his own prejudices and the fat pay cheque's.

What's going to happen (assuming the movement builds up enough energy) is what always happens. When a populist movement hits critical mass, the politicians run out in front and pretend to be leading the parade. In fact, most of the issues the occupiers want dealt with can be covered by actually enforcing exsisting laws and re-enacting a few Depression era laws that were designed to prevent what we've seen over the last 30 years.

Beck is spending too much time amassing a year's worth of food and praying the world will end to speak much sense.

So you don't think this movement will ever take a platform? :hmm:

Glenn Beck thinks it will. Do you disagree because Beck said it?
That's not what Beck said at all. That's just a fairly innocuous interpretation of what he said. What he said was OWS was part of an insidious marxist conspiracy bent on revolution and what will emerge from this mythical conspiracy is two interconnected branches, one explicit and the other camouflaged. The former, which represents the the real agenda of the movement, will be explicitly "revolutionary marxist" and (he implied, destructive and violent) and the latter more insidious and perhaps more "dangerous, a branch that on the surface will present itself as liberal, peaceful and party political, which will cover the real marxist revolutionary agenda of the movement. He has the documents :facepalm:

If it eventually does turn into a movement with leaders it won't be anytime soon imo. It's all over the place and it won't work. Even one of the people that started it off doesn't sound optimistic.

Can you speculate about how these demands will emerge? Do you see leaders or spokespeople emerging? How do you see it playing out as a process?

The political left has always had problems with this. All my life I've been sitting in meetings where loony guys get up and talk, and eventually very little happens. This is the kind of weight that is dragging the political left down. We don't seem to have the clarity of vision that for example the Tea Party has. This may be our undoing again. This whole movement may fizzle out in a bunch of loony lefty kind of bullshit.

Then again, at the same time, I've been in daily touch with dozens and dozens of people in cities all around the world who are involved in this. And I have a feeling that because of the Internet and a different kind of mentality that young people have, a horizontal way of thinking about things, this movement may not just come up with some really good demands and put incredible people pressure on our politicians, but a more beautiful thing may come out of this movement: a new model of democracy, a new model of how activism can work, of how the people can have a radical democracy and have some of their demands met. This new model may well be a new kind of a horizontal thing that in some strange way works like the Internet works.
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/235924-The-Origins-of-Occupy-Wall-Street-Explained

That's not what Beck said at all. That's just a fairly innocuous interpretation of what he said. What he said was OWS was part of an insidious marxist conspiracy bent on revolution and what will emerge from this mythical conspiracy is two interconnected branches, one explicit and the other camouflaged. The former, which represents the the real agenda of the movement, will be explicitly "revolutionary marxist" and (he implied, destructive and violent) and the latter more insidious and perhaps more "dangerous, a branch that on the surface will present itself as liberal, peaceful and party political, which will cover the real marxist revolutionary agenda of the movement. He has the documents :facepalm:

Yes political like the Teaparty is political vs just a bunch of people crowded together holding signs. That's what it means.

Back
Top Bottom