Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

NHS Covid 19 App

I know having had a negative test is used for a part of some risk assessments, but maybe in terms of the app it doesn't matter.

It asked if he'd had a test. He did, so it asked him for the code, then wouldn't accept it.

That's odd, because I can't see any changes reported since towards the end of Sept.

In England, the resolution of the glitch means that people being tested in an NHS hospital, through a PHE laboratory, or in a surveillance study can now request a code from NHS test and trace to log a positive result. Test results for people who book a test through the app will be automatically logged, while those that book a test with the government’s testing website can log a positive test result with a code provided to them.

But a person only receives a code if the test is positive.

As the app is designed to advise if you have been in close contact with someone that has tested positive, I don't understand why negative results would be logged.

What's the betting the risk levels on the app won't have any relationship to the lock-down levels announced by the government today?

What's the betting the risk levels on the app won't have any relationship to the lock-down levels announced by the government today?

I believe the risk levels on the app are just based on cases per 100,000 people. The new system takes some other factors into account*. So no they won't be the same. Coventry where i live shows as high risk on my app but is medium tier on the new system. I guess they'll update the app eventually.

*Edit- "The Government will also look at the speed of growth, the rate of admissions to hospital and any specific outbreaks (such as factories or universities) when deciding an area’s tier."

From here:

Last edited:
Medium

• All areas, excluding those listed below
High

• Cheshire (Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire East)
  • Greater Manchester (Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan, Salford, Rochdale, Oldham)
  • Warrington
  • Derbyshire (High Peak - the wards of Tintwistle, Padfield, Dinting, St John’s, Old Glossop, Whitfield, Simmondley, Gamesley, Howard Town, Hadfield South, Hadfield North)
  • Lancashire (Lancashire, Blackpool, Preston, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley)
  • West Yorkshire (Leeds, Bradford, Kirklees, Calderdale, Wakefield)
  • South Yorkshire (Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Sheffield)
  • North East (Newcastle, South Tyneside, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham, Northumberland)
  • Tees Valley (Middlesborough, Redcar and Cleveland, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, Hartlepool)
  • West Midlands (Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall)
  • Leicester (Leicester, Oadby and Wigston)
  • Nottingham (Nottinghamshire, Nottingham City)
Very High

• Liverpool City Region (Liverpool, Knowsley, Wirral, St Helens, Sefton, Halton)
From here:

Been out this weekend for the first time since I got the app, and the check-in has worked nicely where I used it, I was pleasantly surprised. One guy at a restaurant said it seemed to have got much quicker this week.

I started with a cough on Sunday afternoon. It was still there yesterday morning so I recorded my symptom in the app and it told me to isolate for 9 days and get a test. Sorting out the test was easy had it booked in for 8am yesterday morning at a test centres 10 min walk away. Went down and was done by 8.05. Still waiting for the result but it is almost certainly just a bad cold.

For anyone who is interested this is what it looks like if you have to isolate when you open the app. Hard to miss.20201013_131415.png

I started with a cough on Sunday afternoon. It was still there yesterday morning so I recorded my symptom in the app and it told me to isolate for 9 days and get a test. Sorting out the test was easy had it booked in for 8am yesterday morning at a test centres 10 min walk away. Went down and was done by 8.05. Still waiting for the result but it is almost certainly just a bad cold.

For anyone who is interested this is what it looks like if you have to isolate when you open the app. Hard to miss.
Cannae see your attachment!

There was a story on Radio Sheffield this morning involving input from Rory Cellan-Jones.
A guy who lives in the middle of nowhere has the app and received a message at 1:30am that he was near someone infectious. He couldn’t believe it as his house is half a mile down a farm track. He had a look outside to see two blokes breaking into his shed. There was some speculation as to whether this was the whole story but it’s the first time I’ve heard Cellan-Jones laugh while presenting a story.

There was a story on Radio Sheffield this morning involving input from Rory Cellan-Jones.
A guy who lives in the middle of nowhere has the app and received a message at 1:30am that he was near someone infectious. He couldn’t believe it as his house is half a mile down a farm track. He had a look outside to see two blokes breaking into his shed. There was some speculation as to whether this was the whole story but it’s the first time I’ve heard Cellan-Jones laugh while presenting a story.
Socially-responsible burglars :D

For anyone who is interested this is what it looks like if you have to isolate when you open the app. Hard to miss.View attachment 234190
My test came back negative which is not a massive surprise.

Interestingly the result came by email and as an alert through the app, which has automatically updated to say I no longer need to isolate. As I put in all my details when I booked the test does that mean my app data is no longer anonymous?

I work in a supermarket and we are now to check in with the app (or handwritten name and time) whenever we enter the staff dining room, though not elsewhere in store.

For anyone who is interested this is what it looks like if you have to isolate when you open the app. Hard to miss.View attachment 234190
Looks from that like pinkeye was one of your symptoms

I haven’t seen any recent info about the uptake of the Protect Scotland app. I haven’t heard a peep out of it since I downloaded it. I suppose I just haven’t been close to Covid people. That might be because the longest I spend near others outside my household is in the supermarket. But I was just looking at Covid rates in my local area (G20), and they’re apparently high.

Anyone got any data on Scottish app uptake?

Just realised another problem with the app, though it's not one that could be solved without creating far more problems. My phone was stolen, and it took a week to get a new one. Reinstalled the serco covid app almost straight away (before going out anywhere), but as it's a new install, it won't be able to alert me of anything prior to today. And if uploaded a positive test result, it would only apply to this current download.

So I get a notification about 'Possible COVID-19 Exposure' and nothing else. No info, date, rough idea of location, nothing.

Notifications saying “Possible COVID-19 Exposure” are generated automatically from the Apple or Google technology the NHS COVID-19 app uses.

Your phone will tell you whenever it detects that you’ve been near someone who has tested positive. Sometimes, you may still receive this message even when the app’s risk-scoring algorithm has decided that you were not close enough, for long enough, to be at risk.

If you receive this notification, you will also receive a second notification from the NHS COVID-19 app. This will either tell you to self-isolate or you’ll get an “Exposure Check Complete” notification, in which case you do not need to do anything. If you do need to self-isolate, this will always be visible within the app as a self-isolation countdown timer.

So I get a notification about 'Possible COVID-19 Exposure' and nothing else. No info, date, rough idea of location, nothing.
It seems to me that it's not a bad feature - a kind of "amber warning" - but it isn't much use if it doesn't say on the actual notification what you have to go and read some FAQ to find out :rolleyes:

It seems to me that it's not a bad feature - a kind of "amber warning" - but it isn't much use if it doesn't say on the actual notification what you have to go and read some FAQ to find out :rolleyes:
The notification popped up and then disappeared with no means to interact or find out more. So I'm left slightly baffled and little bit worried.

So in theory it could be someone living next door?
Or below me?

I thought it was a Google/Apple thing that wasn't a real alert but a test one that then vanishes, and not connected to any exposure or proximity to a positive case. Real alerts stay accessible in the app.

Back
Top Bottom