Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Next gen Xbox: rumours, speculations, wild pipe dreams!

Eh? have they said that? missed that.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

They are being a bit cloak and daggers about the exact workings of it - but you pay a fee if you use someone else's disc, your disc is tied to your account. One disc, one account. So I expect that means that if you buy a used game in a shop, you have to pay again through your xbox dashboard to be allowed to install it. Which might just bring the cost back up to close what the full price game is. No word on if you can de-link that disc from your account, thus bypassing the need for the next owner to pay a second time to use it. If the stink is kicked up enough, then they might allow de-linking.

And no backwards compatibility. Which, I'm not sure that's necessarily a surprise, tbh. But might be yet another reason people think twice.

No back-compat on PS4 either, mind

I've long thought BC was a red herring, I doubt most gamers really give a shit about that, they want the new games on the new hardware. I won't be buying a next gen console to play Battlefield 3. It'll be to play Battlefield 4. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom