Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

new stuff in streatham

The rumour is Asda. There's been much gnashing of teeth about it not being a Waitrose on the Streatham mum's network page (which I wish they'd rename Streatham parent's network) on FB.

Asda is more suited to Streatham, but Waitrose have allegedly been sniffing around for years (the kwikfit/PRS site). I didn't know Asda did 'local' type supermarkets though.

Thinking about it this is crazy. In the 2 mile stretch from the A205 - Streatham Common we have

Sainsbury local x 2
Sainsbury big x 1
Tesco local x 1
Tesco MASSIVE x 1
Cooperative
Lidl
Iceland

Work Buy Consume Die.

Asda is more suited to Streatham, but Waitrose have allegedly been sniffing around for years (the kwikfit/PRS site). I didn't know Asda did 'local' type supermarkets though.

Thinking about it this is crazy. In the 2 mile stretch from the A205 - Streatham Common we have

Sainsbury local x 2
Sainsbury big x 1
Tesco local x 1
Tesco MASSIVE x 1
Cooperative
Lidl
Iceland

Work Buy Consume Die.

Morrisons too.

Asda will complete the set :D

Sainsbury local x 2
Sainsbury big x 1
Tesco local x 1
Tesco MASSIVE x 1
Cooperative
Lidl
Iceland

Work Buy Consume Die.

Have you ever tried finding out how many supermarkets there are witihin a mile or two radius from home?
In under 2 miles from where I live (based on stores website branch finders) I have just 25 Sainsburys, 23 Tossco's, 16 Coop's, 1 Waitrose and Asda!
A different one for each day of the week and them some!

Went for a quick after-work pint at the Earl Ferrers tonight with t'other 'arf.

What a lovely pub! Yes we should definitely have our Streatham drinks there.

How about having a Streatham drinks at the Earl Ferrers on Wed 9th April? X

I might well come but I wouldn't be able to get there till late and i'd have to make gaijinboy not go to his usual Wednesday pub night...

but actually the Earl Ferrers was in some article in the Guardian (I think) of the top 10 London pubs recently.. I'll see if I can find it.

gaijingirl said:
I might well come but I wouldn't be able to get there till late and i'd have to make gaijinboy not go to his usual Wednesday pub night...

but actually the Earl Ferrers was in some article in the Guardian (I think) of the top 10 London pubs recently.. I'll see if I can find it.

When WOULD be good for you?

When WOULD be good for you?

Thursday - Saturday - but don't organise it around me - I reckon gaijinboy will be ok with that Wednesday.. it's school holidays so he'll be under less pressure in general (taking kids to/from school and nursery etc) because I won't be at work.

I can't deny him his football though so I won't be there before 8:30ish.

Thursday - Saturday - but don't organise it around me - I reckon gaijinboy will be ok with that Wednesday.. it's school holidays so he'll be under less pressure in general (taking kids to/from school and nursery etc) because I won't be at work.

I can't deny him his football though so I won't be there before 8:30ish.

Ah, just realised I can't make 9th now. 16th? :D

I might be up for drinks in Streatham *subscribes* That pub is nearby and we haven't been there...

A brilliant marketing tactic getting Jo Brand in... More people will talk about it in comparison to if it was any other celebrity, therefore more people will know what is going on.

The interior pictures look amazing, I love the barrelled ceiling. I went past it last night and the whole exterior looks so much better. The new entrance at the side looks very swish. I had in my head that it would be lit with plain white lights so when I went past, I couldn't help but think it looked like a nightclub... But still, an improvement. The white lion has also had the multicoloured lights beamed onto it. Does anyone know which other buildings will be getting the treatment?

Central reservation works look good. I'd thought the tree planting would be more consistent than it looks set to be, just a few in little clusters.

Did anybody attend the opening of the Library? If so..was Jo Brand there and did she get egged? :D

On a serious note, I went down to the Library last Saturday with my daughters, they have done a great job on it IMHO, from what I noticed they have restored/retained a lot of the period features and done a good overall job of smartening up the exterior and interior.

Did anybody attend the opening of the Library? If so..was Jo Brand there and did she get egged? :D

On a serious note, I went down to the Library last Saturday with my daughters, they have done a great job on it IMHO, from what I noticed they have restored/retained a lot of the period features and done a good overall job of smartening up the exterior and interior.

I went to the library with my 3 year old son.
I loved the play area/ reading area, real good and a massive improvement to what it was before.

I also liked the self check-out for loans.

Oh went to http://tiger-cafe.co.uk/ (near the laundrette on Streatham High St). I've heard that the Chinese food there is very average, but the Vietnamese menu items are very good, so we had 3 starters from the Vietnamese menu, and they were flipping great. We'll be going back to try more items from said menu.

Would you prefer a weekend?
At this point, I can't even be sure that I'd get there at all. OTOH Tuesdays are out for the next couple of months, and Fridays are probably not the best idea in the world.

Back
Top Bottom