Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nations League 2022/23

In the past when England have played shite I've felt it's because at some times we haven't got the players or at others we've got the players but they've not been picked. The players all look good enough now, just not sure why they're not playing well. No creativity/inventive passing from the midfield? We didn't seem to get good enough balls to the forwards.

And yes crap sending off. Eta looked like the Hungarian took a deliberate dive :mad:

Carlton Cole impersonator any better?

Absolutely right. We lose a couple of friendlies and people call for a new manager months before a WC :rolleyes: Toys and marbles everywhere today, and people wonder why England men's players struggle with the pressure of international play.

It's almost as if people got used to the England men's team doing well. Like putting two and two together and swearing blind you get one.

Not sure at all how much of a pointer to Word Cup performance you can work out from these Nations League games.

IMO it's a shite contest. Might as well just have actual friendlies!! :eek:

ETA : I do completely agree though, that England have been utterly lamentable in these games.

What we need is more passing across the back seven :thumbs:

Four games with one (penalty) goal between them doesn't suggest over attacking to me :confused:

Mount usually plays well but I can't recall him doing much these last games.

Back
Top Bottom