Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Music vids with London as their backdrop

Inner City Life - Goldie.

Eta Post does not make much without the video from a few pages back. Here it is under the spoiler.

Have been listening to the full length 21 minute version of this this morning. Still an amazing track with its internal 'Pressure' and 'Jah' segments.

It frustrates me that we cannot identify some of the tower blocks in this video more precisely. I am thinking perhaps the Nightingale Estate near Hackney Downs, some of which was demolished in the late 1990s. I think marty21 should know more.

3633748868_c4f99825df.jpg

It frustrates me that we cannot identify some of the tower blocks in this video more precisely. I am thinking perhaps the Nightingale Estate near Hackney Downs, some of which was demolished in the late 1990s. I think marty21 should know more.

Well now, I was always told that Inner City Life was a mixture of Hackney and Elephant, but there's a comment on the youtube vid that points it to being the Wyndham and Comber Estate (which would make it South East sides)...

3255352517_d5ae3e0418_z.jpg

I'm trying to work out if these are at 0.06?

Well now, I was always told that Inner City Life was a mixture of Hackney and Elephant, but there's a comment on the youtube vid that points it to being the Wyndham and Comber Estate (which would make it South East sides)...

3255352517_d5ae3e0418_z.jpg

I'm trying to work out if these are at 0.06?

looks to me like pretty much the whole thing was filmed on the Wyndham estate (i lived in one of those towers about 25 years ago).

there are towers the same or very similar in rotherhithe and wandsworth (i think), but the other surroundings are also familiar to me

<<sarf london nostalgia :facepalm:>>

This has a little bit of mid nineties London skylines in it.

I always liked the apartment in this video too, complete with cat and Fender rhodes piano.

Boycey already posted up one North of Ping Pong tune..... so heres the other:

The Hope & Anchor in Islington

....... and pretty much every grime video :D

I'm pretty sure the new pixies video ends in the foot tunnel under the Thames at Greenwich.
the rest of the underpasses are too anonymous to tell but there's something of the way it curves..
I can't find any information yet to back this up except it
'stars innovative British dance/theatre/performance artist Nando Messias.'
anyone?

3633748868_c4f99825df.jpg

That image is definitely from the Nightingale, and comes from here:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/showitzer/3633748868/

The estate was home to Rush FM in the 1990s. See:
http://hackneyhistory.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/pirate-radio-in-hackney-early-1990s/

http://hackneyhistory.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/rush-fm-raided-1993/

(with contribution from steph !)

Back
Top Bottom