Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Murder and rape on Moorlands Estate/ Somerleyton Road, Brixton

I thought the same thing. But then would I be accused of 'running out the back door' or 'having thin skin for a journo' by some? - I think I would. People will always have their own interpretations.

It would seem most interpretations of your username on here are that it's crass and insensitive.

Maybe to you, it's "to the point", but I think that may just be you

I thought the same thing. But then would I be accused of 'running out the back door' or 'having thin skin for a journo' by some? - I think I would. People will always have their own interpretations.

I think that would be much less important than being able to engage with people, without them being distracted or offended by your username.

Nobody has used the word silly.
Your username is just plain silly - and juvenile, therefore many won't take you seriously.
Bad initial move.

If they have the right people and can make convictions stick, thank god for that.
All credit to the police for getting them off our streets.

Update:
Police said in a statement: "The individuals, targeted in swoops at eight addresses, are believed to be associated with gangs which could have knowledge about a number of stabbing incidents in Lambeth, including the murder of 17-year-old Kwame Ofosu-Asare on Friday in Brixton. This is an ongoing operation and further policing activity is taking place to tackle gang crime and protect the public. "

Four male youths are being questioned for conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm unrelated to the death of Kwame, in Brixton, the force said.

Chief Superintendent Matt Bell said: "Lambeth borough is committed to reducing serious youth violence and gang activity and we felt it vital that we take robust and prompt action in order to pre-empt any potential future violence."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...er-police-brixton-south-london_n_1323346.html

On first sight your name is a bit WTF when it is from someone unknown and first appearing in connection with a stabbing. It was to me, even though when I looked at your blog I could see a rationale. If you stay on the boards, and I hope you do, you're going to keep getting that reaction. I say change it. I don't think anyone is going to lambast you.

Focus of the Community and Police Consultative Group meeting tonight (Tuesday) was on these events. We stood in silence in memory of Kwame before hearing from the borough commander distressing accounts of his death on the Moorlands Estate and the attack on a 17-year-old on a bus in Norwood - stabbed 37 times and left blinded in one eye.
Police reported an alarming refusal by victims "to engage" with officers investigating the spate of stabbings.
A father described how he had been driving down Leigham Court Road, Streatham and had stopped to rescue two youths who were being set upon by large groups - incidents that echo similar attacks in Streatham High Road reported earlier in this thread.

We stood in silence in memory of Kwame before hearing from the borough commander distressing accounts of his death on the Moorlands Estate and the attack on a 17-year-old on a bus in Norwood - stabbed 37 times and left blinded in one eye.
God, that's terrible. Really, really awful.

Thanks for posting the update.

Focus of the Community and Police Consultative Group meeting tonight (Tuesday) was on these events. We stood in silence in memory of Kwame before hearing from the borough commander distressing accounts of his death on the Moorlands Estate and the attack on a 17-year-old on a bus in Norwood - stabbed 37 times and left blinded in one eye.
Police reported an alarming refusal by victims "to engage" with officers investigating the spate of stabbings.
A father described how he had been driving down Leigham Court Road, Streatham and had stopped to rescue two youths who were being set upon by large groups - incidents that echo similar attacks in Streatham High Road reported earlier in this thread.

Just noticed this by Jeremyclyne...this was the incident concerning my son...I really want to thank this man who saved my son and his friend. There's not many who would do this. Sadly....

Huh? It's the username, not the word 'blog'!!

I think your blog needs more links to the major news outlets you quote.
It's because he doesn't want it searchable by me as clearly that's his main agenda, driving traffic to his scribblings.

22 year old arrested.
Kwame Ofosu-Asare stabbing: Man arrested

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a 17-year-old boy who was stabbed in south London.

Kwame Ofosu-Asare, of Catford, was found with multiple stab wounds on Friday in Adelaide Close, Moorlands Estate, Brixton. The sixth-form student, who died on the way to hospital, was with a friend. They were chased by two men before the stabbing, police said.

The 22-year-old was arrested earlier on Wednesday and remains in custody. He was arrested in south London, police said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17283012
Earlier, Det Ch Insp John McFarlane said Kwame was "an innocent young man" who was chased by two knifemen.

He said: "At this stage I believe that this was a random selection of victim and that Kwame could have been attacked by individuals who saw people they did not know on what they perceived to be their territory.

"I also have to consider the possibility that the attack on Kwame was carried out in revenge for the stabbing of another youth in West Norwood or another stabbing last week."

:(

It's because he doesn't want it searchable by me as clearly that's his main agenda, driving traffic to his scribblings.

Oh please, grow up! You harp on about the same thing again and again. It's been clear that the people in here do not like 'my scribblings.' And it's mediocre blah blah.. But why insist on going on and on?

shootstabsniff, you seem to consider yourself as the only person who cares about this issue. You have made several comments to the effect that posters aren't interested in the actual issue, or that we're not aware of the extent of youth violence. If you trawled the pages of urban, you would find hundreds of pages of discussion on the causes of serious youth violence, the impact on this community, measures needed to address the problem, and so on and so fourth. Many of us on here have been affected by youth murders, as neighbours, friends and professionals working with yp. We DO NOT need you to tell us how bad it is.

shootstabsniff, you seem to consider yourself as the only person who cares about this issue. You have made several comments to the effect that posters aren't interested in the actual issue, or that we're not aware of the extent of youth violence. If you trawled the pages of urban, you would find hundreds of pages of discussion on the causes of serious youth violence, the impact on this community, measures needed to address the problem, and so on and so fourth. Many of us on here have been affected by youth murders, as neighbours, friends and professionals working with yp. We DO NOT need you to tell us how bad it is.
I can clearly see that people care about this issue. I do not feel I am the only person that cares.

BTW, the name you have chosen to use brings to mind a local restaurateur on Atlantic Rd, a right prick of a man, who called his place something to do with guns. I'm sure other posters will remember the name. There was such an uproar that it got changed pretty quickly. There's very little tolerance for people who seek to capitalise on bad news. Not saying you fall into this category, but the name might imply that.

Back
Top Bottom