Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

6Q5097a.jpg

4C28Vuw.jpg

I vividly remember the tripe stalls in the indoor market in my home town as a kid! Always made me feel slightly unwell
the one in leeds has a collection of anti-immigrant newspaper clippings on the wall by the counter, just in case you don't feel vomitty enough at the display :cool:

Odd colour on that^^. The weather did change, but it didn't look quite so grim in real life :hmm:

Looks like the white balance is slightly off which gives a slightly blue tint. It might still have been working on indoor light from the previous shots.

Off to see if I can find some shots of Gateshead indoor market now :cool:

the one in leeds has a collection of anti-immigrant newspaper clippings on the wall by the counter, just in case you don't feel vomitty enough at the display :cool:

Yeah, was unsure whether or not to post that. I know we shouldn't censor the North, but this is a thread for celebrating its mundane-ness, not its bigotry.

Undecided :hmm:

Looks like the white balance is slightly off which gives a slightly blue tint. It might still have been working on indoor light from the previous shots.

Off to see if I can find some shots of Gateshead indoor market now :cool:

FFS, this is right. :mad:

I've just checked and my phone was set to indoor light, aye. :facepalm:

Yeah, was unsure whether or not to post that. I know we shouldn't censor the North, but this is a thread for celebrating its mundane-ness, not its bigotry.

Undecided :hmm:

Nah, post and be damned is my view. Just think, many of the posts here don't exactly show the North bathed in glorious golden tourist-brochure tones, so that sort of thing fits in perfectly. :)

Ask and ye shall receive

dTRAlhE.jpg

Cheers! I suspected the stall-holders just might be members of UKIP to have such a collection of press clippings on their stall! Way to go to attract to as many customers as possible! Unless Leeds is full of UKIP supporters? I hope not..

And just how much does tripe consumption cost the NHS each day I wonder? Probably much more, due to the costs to local authorities having to clean up vomit across the North! :D

Cheers! I suspected the stall-holders just might be members of UKIP to have such a collection of press clippings on their stall! Way to go to attract to as many customers as possible! Unless Leeds is full of UKIP supporters? I hope not..
'them foreigners eat foreign muck, not decent stuff like tripe' is how i suspect they planned their target market :hmm:

Some good picture there everyone :cool:

farmerbarleymow how many miles have you clocked up? :eek:

I agree - ace pics from everyone on this thread. This has been a great thread indeed, and I've thoroughly enjoyed hunting out the boring bits of Gtr Manchester. Thanks to Fez909 for starting it off - a splendid idea. :cool:

Oh, and I've clocked up 28.5 miles to date on foot since I started logging it on 21 June. I confess that I'm an anorak and like recording data. On spreadsheets. :D

Day off tomorrow though, to give my poor old legs a rest!

66TosI9.jpg

Lr0XpuB.jpg

I yearn to go to the Tripe shop and enquire as to the vegetarian alternative. Bury market had a stall dedicated to not just shoulder fat, but also SMOKED shoulder fat. Bury market is fucking awesome. We should all meet at the train station pub with its surprisingly high percentaged selection of cider and fatty snack offerings.

I yearn to go to the Tripe shop and enquire as to the vegetarian alternative. Bury market had a stall dedicated to not just shoulder fat, but also SMOKED shoulder fat. Bury market is fucking awesome. We should all meet at the train station pub with its surprisingly high percentaged selection of cider and fatty snack offerings.

I'd love to go to Bury Market. Heard loads of good things about it.

Of course, black pudding would be purchased.

The Tripe Shop seemed to sell only three things: tripe, malt vinegar and cow's hooves. What else do you need!?

I'd love to go to Bury Market. Heard loads of good things about it.

Of course, black pudding would be purchased.

The Tripe Shop seemed to sell only three things: tripe, malt vinegar and cow's hooves. What else do you need!?

Some Chateau Neuf De Pape to wash them down with I guess. Bury Market is amazing- sudden cosmopolitanism in the middle of Lancashire- I nearly swooned to find stuffed vine leaves and the cheapest best olives in the world. My boyfriend nearly swooned at parched peas!

Some Chateau Neuf De Pape to wash them down with I guess. Bury Market is amazing- sudden cosmopolitanism in the middle of Lancashire- I nearly swooned to find stuffed vine leaves and the cheapest best olives in the world. My boyfriend nearly swooned at parched peas!

Are they bonfire peas!? I've only had them once (on bonfire night, of course :) ) in Wythenshawe and I've not seen them anywhere else since.

You don't get them in the North East, or not that I've seen, anyway.

Love 'em! If Bury has them then that's another reason to go!

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom