Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

A discarded jar of picked onions. Poor thing. All it ever wanted in life was to sit by the bar of a working men's club in Jarrow.

p95P0p8.jpg

Swan Hunter

That's a great picture, and a powerful reminder of just how important and dominant heavy industry was in the NE. It just towers over the houses, illustrating the scale of such industries. Shame that most of it is history, although some is clinging on for dear life in places like Teesside - steel and chemicals.

I did think about posting it on that thread, but I think it was a fairly regular sight for people living there so it probably was a bit mundane for them :hmm:

True. As somebody who can only just about remember when the docks, warehouses, whisky bonds and other industrial buildings of Edinburgh were places of work rather than yuppie flats, I sometimes forget how run of the mill these things probably were.

I was in College Valley today and there was still snow in Hen Hole on Cheviot. I'll post the pictures later if I CBA.

Is there an awesome photos of the north thread? :)

I agree with the criticism of some of the lovely pics on here. Those pics are stunning Firky and while potentially mundane to those living in close proximity, to others they definitely aren't!

And mundane doesn't mean shit, either. Just everyday. Nowt special. :cool:

I used to spend hours and hours taking photos - not so much now though.

Will post countryside photographs at some point to contrast against the ones posted here of heavy industry and cityscapes.

Back
Top Bottom