Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

Nothing like a bit of Brutalist architecture built in grey concrete set against grey skies before you throw yourself off the top of the Dunston Rocket (now pulled down).

ac6Mrwy.jpg

yYqpVhP.jpg

Should've been listed never mind pulled down. It was better looking than Trellick Tower IMO.

Where abouts on the canal were those pics taken fez? I don't recognise either of them.

Between town and the viaduct on Kirkstall Road.

The first one was here, I think. And the second one was about here (looking towards town), which is near Canal Mills I think.

edit: hang on that didn't work. Copy the coordinates from those two links, paste them into Google maps, and it should take you there.

Between town and the viaduct on Kirkstall Road.

The first one was here, I think. And the second one was about here (looking towards town), which is near Canal Mills I think.

edit: hang on that didn't work. Copy the coordinates from those two links, paste them into Google maps, and it should take you there.

It looks quite pleasant in those photos. You head further out of town towards Bramley and its all dark and dingy with cum filled condoms hanging off the bushes and used needles everywhere.

A old NI car parked up on the Scotswood road, in front of a once notorious estate in the West end of Newcastle. thats mundane.

Flats had their biddies and charvas chucked out a few years ago and are now Student Halls.

ETA, Im pretty sure I have a load of ole B&W pics of the area I took just after the riots. Will root around tomorrow and see what turns up

nc-15.jpg
I'm from That-There-London, so don't really understand most of this thread, but my mum used to have the five door version of that car! :D

And in Cambridge like this, where many don't even have bay windows and there's no room to park on both sides of the road. You wouldn't get one for less than £250K though :D

A lot of the ones I saw have their front rooms straight onto narrow pavement - not even a bricked off area for the bin. Good build quality, but so expensive for what you get, and a long walk from the nearest bus stop.

2013 06 06 mystery pic.JPG

somewhere I've got loads of pics of mundane streets taken when I was an architecture student... can't find them.
Meanwhile here's a picture probably taken in the 1970's but I don't know where. Is that the Lake District or Pentland Hills? Any ideas?
I think I was experimenting with a yellow or red filter using FP4 film.

There are workers' terraces like that in the south too - including Watford.

True - and my mum lives in a similar sort of place in Exeter, which is hardly in the north either. Nevertheless, terraces like that are so much a feature of the industrial towns of the north that a couple of pics seemed appropriate...

I lived in Crudas park when I was 16 for all of two weeks :D

I've been trying to think of that area. I visited a lad up there for work maybe 7/8 years ago, was reminded of it by the dodgy pub thread.

When I got there we had to go looking for the kids dad and he was in the pub snorting coke, celebrating Tuesday afternoon.:D

Back
Top Bottom