Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

aIMAG4363.jpg

Yesterday morning, on my way to work. You see a lot more horses in Hull than most other cities for some reason. We even have a horse-drawn rag-and-bone man round here, who trots through the streets shouting 'raaAAAG'n'BOOone!' with a little rulley full of fridges and scrap metal.

AIMAG4365.jpg

George Street, yesterday lunchtime.

aIMAG4367.jpg

Pryme Street, this afternoon. Not one of central Hull's most stunning vistas, really.

Faintly surreal sights in Victoria Square:

aIMAG4090.jpg

Part of the Lord Mayor's Parade. No, I don't know what the bird is all about.

aIMAG4085.jpg

Top fuel dragster outside City Hall. No idea what that was about either, but the powerboat was to publicise the P1 powerboat racing on the Humber the following day, including the début of the one bought by a consortium of local businesses:

965401_492527377479090_1136997352_o.jpg

:cool:

(last one obv not my picture)

A3c1lEl.jpg
[/IMG]
A3c1lEl.jpg

Bond Street. The hideous concrete tower block is on the left. The department store in the middle has been derelict as long as I've known Hull. One of the hazy memories of my eighteenth birthday party is walking across the car park to join the line of blokes who'd tumbled out of the bars on Albion Street and were busily pissing up the side of it. Scheduled for demolition, apparently.

A couple of streets away:

usGJjmf.jpg

John Street. A pretty, quiet little corner of the city centre.

cyberfairy - have you got any from the observation tower in the Imperial War Museum? I've got some somewhere I could dig out, showing the Quays as they were several years ago.

cyberfairy - have you got any from the observation tower in the Imperial War Museum? I've got some somewhere I could dig out, showing the Quays as they were several years ago.

I don't sadly- was in the Lowry today but with two classes of over excited children but still managed to flout the 'no staff allowed to use their phones' policy. If I am sacked due to my urge to take some boring pictures for strangers on the internet, you better take up a collection:mad: Or cut me in on the proceedings of the 2014 'Meanderings into the mundane' calendar.

I don't sadly- was in the Lowry today but with two classes of over excited children but still managed to flout the 'no staff allowed to use their phones' policy. If I am sacked due to my urge to take some boring pictures for strangers on the internet, you better take up a collection:mad: Or cut me in on the proceedings of the 2014 'Meanderings into the mundane' calendar.

I'll dig my pictures out and post them later. :)

Since longdog is late ( :mad: ), herewith another few:

aIMGP0028.jpg

That hideous concrete tower block. It's a monstrosity at the best of times, but I do wish the council could order whoever owns it at the very least to smarten it up a bit!

aIMGP0055.jpg

Prince Street. A perfectly preserved corner of the Old Town.

aIMGP0093.jpg

One of the best pubs in the city. Now thankfully open again and doing well under a landlord who actually knows his business and doesn't forget to renew his licence at the busiest time of year!

aIMGP0099.jpg

On Victoria Pier.

Back
Top Bottom