Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

More views from the boat. The first is on the Bridgewater canal acqueduct, crossing the Manchester Ship Canal:

I've got some pics of that (and even a video - can't find that right now though :mad: ) opening to let a ship go past:

QgzH8Gg.jpg

Huddersfield Station

h2xTQnG.jpg

e0zlEM9.jpg

And apologies for capturing some motion in this next one - It possibly makes the picture a bit too exciting for this thread :)

Burley Park Station

UiRguAu.jpg
I'll have to see if I can find some pictures of Bramley station, don't come much more mundane than that!

There is also a very good pub, the Junction, a ten minute walk out of town. And there is a mad Victorian funicular tramway thing up Shipley Glen. And walkable to Salts Mill / Saltaire.
well said. and angel.

there's an abandoned crumbled mansion up the glen way - you can still see the mosaic floor. actually, you probably can't any more, considering i went there with girl guides twenty years ago :oops:

the funiclar rocks. and i absolutely love going up baildon moor and just absorbing all the green :)

urban outing! urban outing!
(could we also have a mass 'v's up at my mum' session? haven't been back to bingley since i last saw here fiveish years ago, and think i could probably cope with going there if i was surrounded by internet nutters :D

Been poorly so not been into town and reduced to doing my shopping from the local Spar. Not an edifying dinner 'solution.'
This photo would have been good if I had a camera as opposed to a mobile phone. It would be the sort of photo that people would even hark at whilst it cementing their fears and prejudices of the North. But I could not get a zoom on the flower.
20130626_144650.jpg

I was in Liverpool today. There are plenty of photographs of Lancashire or Yorkshire, where is Merseyside?

I am going to write something extensive on my love of Liverpool. I might post it in a thread here.

I was in Liverpool today. There are plenty of photographs of Lancashire or Yorkshire, where is Merseyside?

I am going to write something extensive on my love of Liverpool. I might post it in a thread here.

Very good point - we've had nowt about Liverpool yet, which is a shame.

Office space to let in Stockport.

It wasn't my pic, it's from a real story about Stockport toilets being used as offices:

_57844600_stockport_toilets.jpg

Disused public toilets in Stockport have been put up for sale by the council, which has said they would make ideal business premises.
Stockport Council's executive member for regeneration Kevin Hogg said they had been "tried as public toilets, but they just get vandalised".
He said the toilets could easily be converted into businesses. "They are very cheap and what you have to do is use a little bit of imagination and not look at them as a public convenience but as a small office," he said.The properties are valued at between £25,000 and £50,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16527387

Back
Top Bottom