Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

I remember reading about that, and why not. Waste not want not. I know there are already some former public loos in use for other purposes - the one I've been in was converted into a tiny pub in Manchester called The Temple of Convenience. Based in an incredibly tiny underground loo. Not sure whether it's still open as it's years since I was last there.

Http://manchesterbars.wordpress/2006/11/02/the-temple/

Edited to get the pub name right and add URL.

I remember reading about that, and why not. Waste not want not. I know there are already some former public loos in use for other purposes - the one I've been in was converted into a tiny pub in Manchester called The Inn of Convenience. Based in an incredibly tiny underground loo. Not sure whether it's still open as it's years since I was last there.

It is yeh

Very good point - we've had nowt about Liverpool yet, which is a shame.

Used to drink here during the first year at uni.

3531152069_bbb3fef6b1_z.jpg

Sad to see that it's gone downhill :(

You're not wrong. At least not on the building. No idea where the run starts.

I think it does start around there - maybe the student union? It was about twenty years since I was at uni so can't recall that far back accurately! There aren't any pubs near the uni at that point so think the nearest one heading north up the Lane would be the Hyde Park.

By the way, I think it might be the outside of the engineering department or some random humanities building as it is near the Brotherton Library.

I think it does start around there - maybe the student union? It was about twenty years since I was at uni so can't recall that far back accurately! There aren't any pubs near the uni at that point so think the nearest one heading north up the Lane would be the Hyde Park.

By the way, I think it might be the outside of the engineering department or some random humanities building as it is near the Brotherton Library.
yup. either civil or electrical engineering.
pubs round there = the library (used to be a firkin), the eldon and the packhorse are pretty much opposite.

I'm happy that my memory is at least partly functional, even if I did completely forget about the existence if those pubs. My excuse is that I was very drunk at the time I was there! :D

Whenever I get the train to Liverpool, one of my favourite bits of the journey is between St Helens Central and Thatto Heath. Proper industrial landscape, all Pilkingtons glass. There are bits of the plant that they seem to have completely forgot about, little bits of warehouses that look like they are original bits of the industrial revolution. And huge bits of modern industrial planet, chimneys and all sorts. It goes on and on.

Back
Top Bottom