Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mundane pictures of the North

20130621_102533.jpg

I'm back from a mammoth mundane trek, and my feet are killing me - must have walked miles! I've got 380 photos to sort through, and select the worst, so will post the worst later. :)

I've had a lovely day wandering all around the city, actively looking for boring and quirky things - found loads you'll be pleased to hear!

There is is a similar and utterly beautiful one in Preston. Utterly empty now :-(

Hepworths will go that way IMO. It's at the bottom of Whitefriargate, which is dying on its arse as a shopping street thanks to the recession and St Stephen's pulling the centre of gravity of the city decisively to the west. For now it's okay, but unless something happens to get more footfall down Whitefriargate people will stop going there. The fact it joins onto the market hall, which is still quite popular, might just save it though, I suppose.

Hepworths will go that way IMO. It's at the bottom of Whitefriargate, which is dying on its arse as a shopping street thanks to the recession and St Stephen's pulling the centre of gravity of the city decisively to the west. For now it's okay, but unless something happens to get more footfall down Whitefriargate people will stop going there. The fact it joins onto the market hall, which is still quite popular, might just save it though, I suppose.

When I moved to Lancaster, it had some wonderful interesting shops, of which most have gone now :-( I wonder what things will be like in ten years time. The internet has closed the high street- be happy if all the sodding Cash Converters would fuck off and die though. I do want to visit Hull at some point :)

Back
Top Bottom