Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mixes

anyone got any pearson sound or ben ufo mixes that aren't boiler rooms. (seen/listened already)

Lovely little melancholy mix here from Champagne Funk

Welcome back to a brand new week and specially curated Valentine’s Day mixtape special by Champagne Funk. Inspired by heart-breaks and break-ups, and for those of you who don’t feel that love is in the air, this one's for you.

Today we cruise from melancholy Japanese soul to eerie UK new wave via 1980’s tear jerker funk. Happy Valentines Day!

A mix that I downloaded a few months ago & have come back to in the last couple of weeks, because it's brilliant. Certainly one of the best Slam Radio mixes (up there with the Randomer one) & 2.5 hours in length.

The Makaton one from around the similar time is also v. good.

erol alkan, can be quite noisy and shouty at times but this I have on cd and is a sublime selection of an eclectic variety. pitched broadly across the musical spectrum, tracks segued, genres dynamic.

found it here whilst on random, it is still one of my favourites to this day.

erol alkan, can be quite noisy and shouty at times but this I have on cd and is a sublime selection of an eclectic variety. pitched broadly across the musical spectrum, tracks segued, genres dynamic.

found it here whilst on random, it is still one of my favourites to this day.

The Miss Kittin mix in that series is great too - check it out

This was brilliant too and free with Muzik:

Cheers plurker , that reminded me to go and listen to that Renaissance mix that gets lauded all the time as I had no idea what it was:

Cheers plurker , that reminded me to go and listen to that Renaissance mix that gets lauded all the time as I had no idea what it was
This was a definite game-changer for me, purely in terms of where I was in my life at the time. Still play it regularly.

Got gifted it as a leaving present when I moved to go live in France. I can remember clear as day sitting on the plane, portable CD player on the little table thingy with the first CD on as we were on the runway. Thundering down to take off with the bedrock tune 'for what you dream of' in my ears - goosebump moment - even when I write this 24+ years on!

I've downloaded it and loaded it on my phone for the journey home. Bet it was one my mates played all the time back then, I didn't really take notice of titles of non reggae stuff [emoji16]

Also, if you like those shows, you might like his Rotters Golf Club Archive hour.
Andrew Weatherall: "After de-commissioning the Axis bunker I decided to purge and re-acquaint. The purge took the form of selling 5,000 records and the acquaintance involved listening and compiling with the result being 'M.N.F.E. (The R.G.C. Archive Editions)'. This will (hopefully) be a monthly transmission featuring images from my 'Evidence The Enemy' print exhibition."

01. Gene Williams / Don’t Let Your Love Fade Away 02. The Teen Rockers / Teen Rock 03. The Spartans / Jungle Call 04. Gabo Brown and Orchestre Poly Ritho / It Is A Vanity 05. Prince Far I and The Arabs / Long Life 06. The Chieftones / Indian Moon 07. Do Make Say Think / Le Espalace 08. The Tropics Of Cancer / The Ghost Of Baghdad 09. The Durutti Column / Sketch For Dawn 10. Black Roots / Tribal War 11. Jackie Leven / Rainy Day Bergen Women 12. John Phillips / Dread 13. Charlie Rich / I Feel Like Going Home 14. Fuxa / Stand By Me 15. Harry South / The Sweeney (Closing Theme)

They're all different - there's no 'typical' show, just Weatherall digging through his old crates while doing a purge. Lots of old music rather than new of course.

Also, if you like those shows, you might like his Rotters Golf Club Archive hour.
Andrew Weatherall: "After de-commissioning the Axis bunker I decided to purge and re-acquaint. The purge took the form of selling 5,000 records and the acquaintance involved listening and compiling with the result being 'M.N.F.E. (The R.G.C. Archive Editions)'. This will (hopefully) be a monthly transmission featuring images from my 'Evidence The Enemy' print exhibition."

01. Gene Williams / Don’t Let Your Love Fade Away 02. The Teen Rockers / Teen Rock 03. The Spartans / Jungle Call 04. Gabo Brown and Orchestre Poly Ritho / It Is A Vanity 05. Prince Far I and The Arabs / Long Life 06. The Chieftones / Indian Moon 07. Do Make Say Think / Le Espalace 08. The Tropics Of Cancer / The Ghost Of Baghdad 09. The Durutti Column / Sketch For Dawn 10. Black Roots / Tribal War 11. Jackie Leven / Rainy Day Bergen Women 12. John Phillips / Dread 13. Charlie Rich / I Feel Like Going Home 14. Fuxa / Stand By Me 15. Harry South / The Sweeney (Closing Theme)

They're all different - there's no 'typical' show, just Weatherall digging through his old crates while doing a purge. Lots of old music rather than new of course.

I mean, come on, phwoaaaar:
a7e5f382-8605-4eb3-8eeb-e604b6ca674a_1457395200.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom