Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Misogynist barbarians in Alabama impose forced pregnancy law

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction in order to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE amount of fetuses.
Fuck me, that's a layer of madness I didn't know about. And yeah, they get their way.

A federal program to help injured veterans and their spouses conceive children through in vitro fertilization is being hobbled by anti-abortion forces that oppose how the process can lead to embryos being destroyed.

Abortion arguments at play in limiting veterans’ IVF benefit

Wonder why that is. Do they have more close, unsupervised contact with boys?

in ireland at least boys schools were staffed with christian brothers

so it was cycles of abuse down the years the abused becoming the abuser

nuns had the girls who did not treat them much better

saying that the church of england has its own history of abuse but lost it power over people a lot eariler than the catholic church in ireland

Yes and a lot of people don't realise about the ectopic pregnancy bit either. They are literally pushing for women to die horribly rather than allow removal of an unviable embryo.
My stepdaughter had one of these. And, even in a country where it is legal to "abort" the foetus, she very nearly died, and has suffered quite extensive nerve damage as a result of a very desperate operation to resolve it.

My stepdaughter had one of these. And, even in a country where it is legal to "abort" the foetus, she very nearly died, and has suffered quite extensive nerve damage as a result of a very desperate operation to resolve it.
That must've been scary.

Reactions: Ax^
in ireland at least boys schools were staffed with christian brothers

so it was cycles of abuse down the years the abused becoming the abuser

nuns had the girls who did not treat them much better

saying that the church of england has its own history of abuse but lost it power over people a lot eariler than the catholic church in ireland
C wing had quite a few elderly vicars on it

Reactions: Ax^

Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino says he will be speaking with the Canada Border Services Agency to make sure its staff know Americans seeking abortions can come to Canada for care.
70c8fc80

Speaking with reporters on Wednesday, Mendicino said people in the U.S. may be feeling doubt about whether they will be able to access abortion if Roe v. Wade is overturned, as a leaked draft ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court suggested earlier this week is imminent.

Mendicino said the ability of Americans to come to Canada for abortions is not in question, but he wants to make sure that position is clear to those working on the frontlines at the border.

“I’ve engaged CBSA, my office is currently working with them to make sure there are clear guidelines so that women who may not be able to access healthcare including abortions are able to come to Canada,” he said.

“If some women want to come to Canada to access those procedures, I have given them the directive to welcome them,” he added in French.

This is interesting off Reddit. Makes me tempted to convert :thumbs:

The Satanic Temple plans to use the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) to ensure its members can still perform religious abortion rituals with Mifepristone and Misoprostol, even in states that completely ban abortion access. They will also possibly open religious abortion facilities.​

The news that Roe v Wade will likely be overturned is extremely distressing. The Satanic Temple (TST) has nevertheless positioned itself to protect religious abortion access for our members.
In States that continue to provide abortion services, we will continue to take steps, including legal action, to ensure our members do not have to endure hindrances to immediate access. That includes waiting periods and unnecessary medical procedures. In addition, we will continue to demand that states do not require medical practitioners to withhold medical information or that patients are not forced to bury or cremate fetal remains. Lastly, in states that require mandatory abortion counseling documents, we are providing our own counseling, which we are demanding be recognized by states as a valid alternative.
In states that outlaw abortion but grant exceptions for instances of incest and rape, then consistent with the Supreme Court's ruling in Fulton v. City of Philadelphia, TST members should be permitted a religious exception to perform TST’s religious abortion ritual. We will likely have to sue those states to affirm our civil rights, but the law is clearly on our side. You can read about our current lawsuits here: Legal Action.
States that outlaw abortion and do not grant exceptions present more significant challenges, but TST has a number of plans that we will be undertaking quite soon. First, we will be suing the FDA to permit TST access to Mifepristone and Misoprostol for use under medical supervision as part of our religious abortion ritual. This request is being made under Federal RFRA. Unfettered access to these drugs would be a considerable step toward enabling TST to perform our abortion ritual without government interference. Again, the law is clearly on our side, but we are gearing up for a legal battle.
Lastly, TST is researching the possibility of creating religious abortion facilities. We will provide more information about this plan as it develops.

well you have Texas for example that will prosecute a women if they find out she had a suspected abortion or a miscarriage

they even set up grassing numbers to turn in your friends and family
tbf the grass line and website got taken down by activists and web hosting companies refusing to do business with it

Looking at the numbers, it's specifically white evangelical protestants among whom there is a majority against all abortion (and a large majority at that). Among nearly all other demographics, there's a majority in favour of at least some abortion rights.

I don't have the links to hand, but I read a while ago a fascinating piece about the history of r/w evangelical churches and the way that the right coopted them into their cause in the 70s and 80s. It was that way around, essentially - right wingers coopting religion rather than religious people coopting the right wing. I may try to dig it out when I have the time.

Ron Johnson’s R4 series about the culture wars cover some this. How the debate was conjured up. His angle is quite niche but it tallies with the notion that the abortion debate didn’t exist until it was artificially created.

It may have been inevitable at some point (zeitgeist and all that) but the point is that it was apparently a non-issue until someone decided to use it to make some kind of capital.

Is there any particular reason why you capitalise 'Black' when describing skin colour, but not 'white'?

Because of respect recognition acknowledgment etc.

It’s something that became formalised as a result of the BLM movement. Fairly easy to google for yourself though.

This is interesting off Reddit. Makes me tempted to convert :thumbs:

The Satanic Temple plans to use the federal Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) to ensure its members can still perform religious abortion rituals with Mifepristone and Misoprostol, even in states that completely ban abortion access. They will also possibly open religious abortion facilities.​

satanists in do something good shocker

Because of respect recognition acknowledgment etc.

It’s something that became formalised as a result of the BLM movement. Fairly easy to google for yourself though.

In my view not acceptable. I capitalise neither, but if I did, I would capitalise both.

The view of your three quotes is racist. Racism being the promotion of one racial group over another, and is not acceptable ever.

This is making the rounds on my facebook feed:

I'm not pro-murdering babies.
I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20 week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.
I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.
I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.
I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11 year old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.
I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.
I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.
I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction in order to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE amount of fetuses.
I'm pro-Christina who doesn't want to be a mother, but birth control methods sometimes fail.
I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.
I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.
I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.
I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.
You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.
You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.
Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!

Obviously I understand why it's doing it but this is reinforcing what it purports to oppose to a large degree isn't it?

What about someone who just doesn't want a baby and doesn't feel the need to justify herself thanks, who may or may not fit under one of those categories, it doesn't really matter.

In my view not acceptable. I capitalise neither, but if I did, I would capitalise both.

The view of your three quotes is racist. Racism being the promotion of one racial group over another, and is not acceptable ever.

I didn't respond to your question a couple of days ago because I didn't want to derail this thread, maybe you should start a separate thread on the subject if you find the issue so objectionable.

I didn't respond to your question a couple of days ago because I didn't want to derail this thread, maybe you should start a separate thread on the subject if you find the issue so objectionable.

It's not worth a thread. I've made my point, it is up to others to agree or disagree. Do as you wish basically.

Obviously I understand why it's doing it but this is reinforcing what it purports to oppose to a large degree isn't it?

What about someone who just doesn't want a baby and doesn't feel the need to justify herself thanks, who may or may not fit under one of those categories, it doesn't really matter.
Yes, it didn't quite sit right with me, either. The names are, well, white. And they're all a little bit blameless for my liking. If you're living a chaotic life you have more need of an abortion than anyone and - yes - shouldn't have to justify it.

Back
Top Bottom