Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Metal, etc.

I've never heard of Knocked Loose either. Will have a listen.... can't see myself making it to the Forum for this though.

I've never heard of Knocked Loose either. Will have a listen.... can't see myself making it to the Forum for this though.

Ooh no. Knocked Loose are not for me. I believe 'metalcore' is the turn of phrase used to describe this kind of racket. I think I'm too old for it....

Ooh no. Knocked Loose are not for me. I believe 'metalcore' is the turn of phrase used to describe this kind of racket. I think I'm too old for it....
Yeah, I'd seen them hyped up a bit but not super sold on this either. Shame, would be nice to see Deafheaven.

Checked back day after for general release.

Still £66.

I guess you have 3 headliners but I’m 70% Anthrax, 25% testament, 5% Kreator so again. I say no.

(Twickets tho). :D

Resin Tomb from Australia....

Been listening to this a lot this weekend.

Top notch. Pretty relentless barage but in a good way - totally engaging throughout. Love the guitar sound - utterly dripping in filth....

Not 'metal' as such (more Stoner Rock) but 1000mods are playing the Thekla of anyone os in or around Bristol on 13th April...

Does anyone know of a Staffs band, Demon. They had an album night of the Demon. Anyone seen them, what can you tell me about them?
Siouxsie guessing you might just know them.

Does anyone know of a Staffs band, Demon. They had an album night of the Demon. Anyone seen them, what can you tell me about them?
Siouxsie guessing you might just know them.
Hashtag, your faith in my NWOBHM random memory shit makes me smile :D
I've seen them a couple of times...last time over 10 years ago in Sweden! .... they have a massive German fan base weirdly enough.
Dave Hill was always a great singer, I always thought he could have stood in for Phil Mogg if he errrr was too ill :hmm::D to front UFO at any time, his voice was that good, in my opinion......incidentally if you ever wondered where Papa Emiratus got his ideas and inspiration from, look no further ;)

Good group, totally underrated in this country. they didn't fit the Kerrang remit so got very limited media coverage. I heard them on the Friday Rock show a few times ,so good ol' 'T V play that rock n roll' liked them, and that was good enough for me 😍:D
I think I may have to wander down memory lane again and dig them out!

Last edited:
Denial of Life are playing Newcastle, Manchester, and "Bermingham" over the next few days, then coming back to London later in March:

Listened to their album here, it's pretty fun:

Anyone up for seeing Cattle Decapitation next March at the Islington Academy? They have Signs of the Swarm, 200 Stab Wounds and Vomit Forth in support :cool:

View attachment 391962

Went to the Brighton show last night.

I missed Vomit Forth they were on at 6:15! 200 Stab Wounds were decent enough but didn't blow my mind. I absolutely hated Signs of the Swarm - not my kind of metal AT ALL - absolutely lacking any kind of groove - recommend going to the bar for a £12 pint of piss when they come on. I don't go to many metal gigs - during their set the crowd formed created a big circle and a whole bunch of people kind of skipped around in a conga-like fashion - it was like slightly aggressive maypole dancing - very odd, is this a thing? Fortunately, there was none of that nonsense for Cattle Decap - they were pretty swell....

Was all a little much for a Monday though....

Wolves in the Throne Room are playing in Bristol Thu May 30th the fleece.
:cool:
A bit gutted I missed Alestorm the other week. Fun pirate nonsense. Tesseract were fucking great though.

Suicidal Tendencies you say?

One of the best gigs I ever went to when they came to Dublin in 86 or 87? Something like that anyway. Stage diving galore.

View attachment 410913

Going 👍. Don't know too many bands. Any tips?

Me either! :D

Was just attracted by ST.

I do know who Ozric Tentacles are though...

I'd definitely see Colour Haze, Monkey3 and Bongripper. I'd consider Godflesh too but that noise isn't for everyone. Suicidal Tendencies must all be in their 60s by now :thumbs:

A bit gutted I missed Alestorm the other week. Fun pirate nonsense.

I'd take anyone to an alestorm show, even if they didn't like metal. Especially if they didn't!

Going 👍. Don't know too many bands. Any tips?
From a quick look, I suspect that that's probably mostly the sort of stoner/doom end of things that doesn't interest me much, not a huge amount of names I recognise there either. Godflesh though. And Pest Control are good fun thrash. From looking around the website a bit, this lot tickled me:
1709673325829.png
I reckon O'Malley and co would be justified in suing there, these jokers sound like the Willy's Chocolate Experience of doom metal.

From a quick look, I suspect that that's probably mostly the sort of stoner/doom end of things that doesn't interest me much, not a huge amount of names I recognise there either. Godflesh though. And Pest Control are good fun thrash. From looking around the website a bit, this lot tickled me:
View attachment 414852
I reckon O'Malley and co would be justified in suing there, these jokers sound like the Willy's Chocolate Experience of doom metal.

ooh I like these guys, thanks. :thumbs:

I'd definitely see Colour Haze, Monkey3 and Bongripper. I'd consider Godflesh too but that noise isn't for everyone. Suicidal Tendencies must all be in their 60s by now :thumbs:

I'd take anyone to an alestorm show, even if they didn't like metal. Especially if they didn't!
I would highly recommend Evil Scarecrow if they play in a town near you.

The lead singer looks like Keith Lemon doing metal, the songs are super catchy, they make their own cheap props and have a massive laugh.

(with that live one, if you don't fancy the whole thing, just go to 29 mins to see how Spinal Tap it can get...)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom