Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

flashcore, experimental speedcore, hyper-accelerated decomposed techno, etc

Yeah, far more than "mainstream" bits really - I get given all sorts of CD's/download links etc :)
TBH what got my goat with your post was the idea that this music is somehow insincere. It might not be for you - it's not really for me either - but the guys making this stuff in their bedrooms on malfunctioning equipment uploading it to bandcamp for 5 people to listen to are totally for real.

Conversely, I've had quite a bit of contact over the years with the more academic experimental scene that you work in, and while there is some good work going on there, it's also an absolute hive of chancers, hustlers and total bullshitters, all getting fat on arts council grants and sucker student's fees. The people who're getting away with it in experimental music aren't the bedroom noise musicians, it's those guys.

all getting fat on arts council grants

steady on there, do you think getting a few grand for filling in a form well is "getting fat", the Arts Council really doesn't have the money to throw around surely, certainly not in the last 10years.

Last edited:
steady on there, do you think getting a few grand for filling in a form well is "getting fat", the Arts Council really doesn't have the money to through around surely, ceratinly not in the last 10years.
I know a few people who still do very well out of filling in forms well, yeah.

TBH what got my goat with your post was the idea that this music is somehow insincere. It might not be for you - it's not really for me either - but the guys making this stuff in their bedrooms on malfunctioning equipment uploading it to bandcamp for 5 people to listen to are totally for real.

Conversely, I've had quite a bit of contact over the years with the more academic experimental scene that you work in, and while there is some good work going on there, it's also an absolute hive of chancers, hustlers and total bullshitters, all getting fat on arts council grants and sucker student's fees. The people who're getting away with it in experimental music aren't the bedroom noise musicians, it's those guys.
tbh I think there's a fair amount of bullshitters in pretty much every musical scene going.

Somewhere there are about 4 people with beards nodding their heads convincing themselves that they actually enjoy listening to this shit, while in the background the person that created it is pissing themselves laughing, not quite able to believe they've got away with it.
I used to have this mindset. When I slowed things down, I learnt to appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom