Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Men's Squad 2024/25

Did he play rb against Hornchurch? Thought he was the pick of the defenders for me. Be a great addition

Would say a centre-back (believe there’s been a trialist involved there throughout preseason who’s also covered right-back on occasion), and a deeper sitting midfielder (who could well be the returning Bonnett-Johnson) are the positions that look most needed at the moment, as well as a back-up ‘keeper.

Will also be interesting to see where some of those departed players end up over the next week or so - none have taken a step up so far, and a number not yet fixed up.

I remem
Relying on translation, but looks like Josh Shonibare has joined Miracle Değirmenlik, a team based in Cyprus.

Struggling to find out much about them or the level they play at, looks like they’re in a regional system in North Cyprus.

I remember not long after moving to London 20 years ago seeing an Alex Horne gig where he was trying to meet someone from every country in the world in the space of a year. Its a bit hazy but I think the idea was through word of mouth people would bring mates along to gigs from different countries and he’d tick them off.

Anyway. Wonder how many countries Hamlet could tick off as either players having played for them (at some form of international level) or in them.

From Hayrettin’s interview after today’s game, he confirms two more trialists have signed, both to be announced in the next few days - a younger player and a more experienced one from the sounds of things. He also mentions a third possibly signing, although not done yet.

Ross Marshall joins, 24 year-old central defender who spent the last couple of years at Torquay. Came through the academy at Ipswich, also spent time at Maidstone, Stevenage and Barnet.

Last edited:
Ross Marshall joins, 24 year-old central defender who spent the last couple of years at Torquay. Came through the academy at Ipswich, also spent time at Maidstone, Stevenage and Barnet.
Has he actually played for us in pre-season? I don't recognise him from the games I've seen. He scored against us for Maidstone when they beat us 4-1 in December 2019, then joined Stevenage at the end of that season

Got good pedigree. Played 20 games in L2 + NL and NLS.

Think we needed more cover at CB so ticks that box and can play RB.

I really liked the rb who played against Hornchurch, so surprised to not see him sign.

Got good pedigree. Played 20 games in L2 + NL and NLS.

Think we needed more cover at CB so ticks that box and can play RB.

I really liked the rb who played against Hornchurch, so surprised to not see him sign.
He’s played most the preseason games since, looked good I’d be suprised if he wasn’t a late signing

Few comments from Torquay supporters on Twitter suggesting he wasn’t a favourite.
Not very encouraging, but I suspect Torquay's fanbase is a lot less tolerant than ours. They're already slumming it in National South (compared to their status for the previous 100 years) and they were almost relegated again last season, following a points deduction for going into administration, so it hasn't been a happy ship in recent times. They also had an additional point deducted for fielding a player who should have been serving a suspension in one match, and that player was Ross Marshall!

The bottom line is that Hak and Terry had him for a season at Maidstone, so they're already well acquainted with him. It's not as if they've jumped at the chance to sign someone, whose pedigree suggests he's better than our level, without really knowing what his shortcomings might be.

Latest post on the DHFC twitter account suggests we can expect several more new signings announced this afternoon:

Not very encouraging, but I suspect Torquay's fanbase is a lot less tolerant than ours. They're already slumming it in National South (compared to their status for the previous 100 years) and they were almost relegated again last season, following a points deduction for going into administration, so it hasn't been a happy ship in recent times. They also had an additional point deducted for fielding a player who should have been serving a suspension in one match, and that player was Ross Marshall!

The bottom line is that Hak and Terry had him for a season at Maidstone, so they're already well acquainted with him. It's not as if they've jumped at the chance to sign someone, whose pedigree suggests he's better than our level, without really knowing what his shortcomings might be.

Latest post on the DHFC twitter account suggests we can expect several more new signings announced this afternoon:

Absolutely. We've had plenty of players who haven't worked out for us and then been great for other clubs. It's all about circumstances and fit, and as you say, he's a player the management know.

Let's just hope he finds the Tuscan landscape a bit more soothing than the wilds of Devon.

The identity of the mysterious 'Dami' is revealed - Dami Taiwo-Pratt, 18 year-old centre-back who left Gillingham's academy earlier in the summer.

Had a short loan at Sheppey at the end of last season, making a couple of appearances.

Last edited:
Another one! He's been around a fair bit for various clubs. I recall him playing against us in National South for Braintree and Hampton.

Clearly talented as his spells at Step 2 attest to, but seemingly never been able to stick anywhere - two to three clubs per season over the last few years, including Walton & Hersham and Sittingbourne last season.

His style fits a profile we’ve been missing for a good while though, the skilful attacking midfielder playing a bit more centrally behind the main striker, so looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Sean Bonnett-Johnson returns - probably the right thing given they’ve kept him around all pre-season, but also a bit weird with the whole trialist thing.

Seems like a solid round of signings/re-signings. What eleven/squad holes (if any) do we think remains on paper at least ahead of the season start?

With those announcements, looks like the starting squad is set. I've added ages, not great information out there on some, but don't think they're too far away. Except for Lorenzo Lewis, who I can't find at all.

Most obvious gap is no back-up goalkeeper, which may just be the management smoothing the curve after last year. Defence and midfield look improved, a lot riding on Collins to challenge Mills upfront. But perhaps the biggest gap is another season with no youth or reserve teams - can't help thinking it gives a single squad a lot to do across a season without any back-up.

Goalkeepers:
Dillon Barnes (28, Haringey Borough)

Defenders:
Jerome Binnom-Williams (29)
Michael Chambers (30)
Aamir Daniels (18, Exeter City)
Sam German (19, Bromley, season loan)
Max Hudson (20, Hayes & Yeading United)
Ross Marshall (24, Torquay United)

Louis Ramsay (26, Billericay)
Dami Taiwo-Pratt (18, Gillingham)

Midfielders:
Sean Bonnett-Johnson (34)
Ralfi Hand (19, Charlton)
Kaya Hansson (18)

Stefan Ilic (25, Sittingbourne)
Anthony Jeffrey (29)
Kreshnic Krasniqi (29)

Lorenzo Lewis (??, Merstham)
Mark Marshall (37, Carshalton Athletic)

Ryley Scott (23)
Luke Wanadio (31)
Jordan Wynter (30, Dartford)

Strikers:
James Collins (19, Watford)
Danny Mills (32)

George Porter (32, Cray Wanderers)

Last edited:
In addition to a 2nd keeper would like to see a dynamic centre forward like Reise Allassani, when he first arrived. I imagine George Porter is set for that role and hopefully he do the business as he has done in his career, although a bit inconsistent in his first season with us .

Sean Bonnett-Johnson returns - probably the right thing given they’ve kept him around all pre-season, but also a bit weird with the whole trialist thing.
That was very odd and just seems needlessly confusing when everyone knows who he is. Any player with any club on a non-contract basis might leave within a week, and players who are under contract often leave prematurely if it doesn't work out.

I've attached my latest updated list of all the squads in our division. Names in black are retained, names in red are new recruits, names struck through were announced and subsequently released. Those highlighted in yellow are updates since 30th July. I've probably missed a few retained players, as these seem to slip through the net between announcements of new signings at some clubs.

I still make Chatham, Horsham and Billericay the main contenders at the top. The bookies seem to fancy Dartford, but they've retained no senior players at all, just inexperienced teenagers from their own academy. You don't win this league by throwing together an entire new squad over the summer, as we discovered last season, and no newly relegated team has even finished in the top 5 since Havant bounced straight back as champions in 2017. If I was a Lewes fan I'd be worried; they've mainly recruited players unproven at this level or above, having appointed a young manager from county league football.

Attachments

• ISTHMIAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION SQUADS.pdf
    165.4 KB · Views: 10
One more for the road!

Aged 18 and recently released by Exeter City after a loan spell at Tiverton last season, it looks like he's been with our Aspire Academy in the past, as well as Millwall.

With those announcements, looks like the starting squad is set. I've added ages, not great information out there on some, but don't think they're too far away. Except for Lorenzo Lewis, who I can't find at all.

Most obvious gap is no back-up goalkeeper, which may just be the management smoothing the curve after last year. Defence and midfield look improved, a lot riding on Collins to challenge Mills upfront. But perhaps the biggest gap is another season with no youth or reserve teams - can't help thinking it gives a single squad a lot to do across a season without any back-up.

Goalkeepers:
Dillon Barnes (28, Haringey Borough)

Defenders:
Jerome Binnom-Williams (29)
Michael Chambers (30)
Aamir Daniels (18, Exeter City)
Sam German (19, Bromley, season loan)
Max Hudson (20, Hayes & Yeading United)
Ross Marshall (24, Torquay United)

Louis Ramsay (26, Billericay)
Dami Taiwo-Pratt (18, Gillingham)

Midfielders:
Sean Bonnett-Johnson (34)
Ralfi Hand (19, Charlton)
Kaya Hansson (18)

Stefan Ilic (25, Sittingbourne)
Anthony Jeffrey (29)
Kreshnic Krasniqi (29)

Lorenzo Lewis (??, Merstham)
Mark Marshall (37, Carshalton Athletic)

Ryley Scott (23)
Luke Wanadio (31)
Jordan Wynter (30, Dartford)

Strikers:
James Collins (19, Watford)
Danny Mills (32)

George Porter (32, Cray Wanderers)
Lorenzo was the year below me at school, so will be 25.

A match day signing - Filip Chalupniczak, 23-year old goalkeeper, most recently with Bracknell Town and Fleet Town last season.

Back
Top Bottom