Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Matthew Goodwin.....

I’d have to know concretely what you mean by “a fight over the narrowest, most repressive forms of disparity correction” to tell you whether or not I think it’s a dead end. Do you mean for example, affirmative action?

No. I’m mean this “although it often comes with a garnish of disparaging but empty references to neoliberalism as a generic sign of bad things... it’s a politics [that] is in fact the left wing of neoliberalism in that its sole metric of social justice is opposition to disparity in the distribution of goods and bads in the society, an ideal that naturalizes the outcomes of capitalist market forces so long as they are equitable along racial (and other identitarian) lines”

I think that some of the posters on here could unravel idpol as distinct from anti-racism, a/f, etc, etc, and would be doing a great service, stopping wider conflict, problem is in the current climate it would be a major thing to take on publically.

I think that some of the posters on here could unravel idpol as distinct from anti-racism, a/f, etc, etc, and would be doing a great service, stopping wider conflict, problem is in the current climate it would be a major thing to take on publically.

For those interested this piece by Cedric Johnson is bang on. Some important points here that precisely unravel anti-racism from identity politics but also highlight the intersection between the former with ‘woke neo-liberalism’ :

Last edited:
For those interested this piece by Cedric Johnson is bang on. Some important points here that precisely unravel anti-racism from identity politics but also highlight the intersection between the former with ‘woke neo-liberalism’ :

this is great!

People need to take this guy's data analysis with a pinch of salt. It's beyond obvious now that he's not somebody who merely analyses rightwing populism, but is a partisan cheerleader for it.

The data is from Yougov Jeff. Are you saying it’s wrong?

His point was that Twitter politics and real world politics aren’t the same. Not sure what’s so controversial about that?

The data is from Yougov Jeff. Are you saying it’s wrong?

His point was that Twitter politics and real world politics aren’t the same. Not sure what’s so controversial about that?
His point tweet was that Twitter politics and real world politics aren’t the same. ;)

Goodwin's trajectory from advising Labour Councils to advising/lobbying Tory governments

Back
Top Bottom