Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

March craft club - breadmaking

blue nun said:
Talking about the breadmaking session today at the allotment, we thought it'd be a good idea to make TWO different breads - one brown, one white.

These could be split into rolls for people to add stuff to eg. cheese/olives/herbs etc.

So we just need 2 recipes, one brown and one white, and for peeps to bring what they want to add to their rolls.

Who knows a good brown/white recipe that they've made before that works?

Alien Nation - what colour bread was the one you did?

One granary, one white plain and I also did a hot cross bun loaf thingy (but that was a bit troublesome) - both the plain bread recipes from the back of the flour packs work very well and you can add sugar to you dough to make thicker crusts crispy crusts too. I will bring both half packs of flour I have left, and if people are happy we can follow those recipes :).

Brill :) Let's do those recipes then - if you think they will adapt well to having things added to them :)

I wonder how many bags of flour we will need.

i am coming too :)

i think i have a loaf tin as well. will bring. please post up if we have recepies what else to bring...

WHO'S DEFINITELY COMING? :)

Han
Blue Nun
Eme
Maggot
alien nation
TorchSong
Wrysmile
Choc

WHO'S DEFINITELY COMING?

Han
Blue Nun
Eme
Maggot
alien nation
TorchSong
Wrysmile
Choc
Innit

*bump* this Sunday :)

I'll provide flour + yeast (that's it I think isn't it?!)....

And if peeps wanna think about what goodies they want to stick in their rolls and bring them, that would be ace.

Think cheese....sundried toms...marshmallows....maltesers....chunks o lard... ;)

toggle swears. Himself is working and now swears that I nver told him about this, lying git. so I'm stuck with the kids.

You can bimble up at any time by the way....we're not in an army barracks y'know! ;)

But the breadmaking will start about that time (otherwise we'll still be doing it in the dark!)

I might pop in for a bit, but it depends on how my packing's going (off on me hols on Monday). :)

alien nation said:
Han, can you PM me your address please :)

God, yes. Sorry everyone. I'm crap aren't I! :D

I will PM our address and directions to everyone who's coming :)

Sorry you can't make it Zora! Have a good mash-up ;)

PM sent.

Alien Nation - should we use fresh yeast? How many bags of flour do you reckon we'll need to make rolls for roughly 8 people? :D :oops:

you can get packet yeast that works fine (I've never been able to find fresh yeast - it's all 'ask your local baker' blah..)

can i be a tentative maybe?

i'd love to come, but 11 is a bit early (it'll take me an hour to get to brixton,) and i i'm busier than i anticipated, now that i need to look for a new flat for the beginning of april.

sure :)

Let me know if you're coming and I'll pm you the address....

If peeps fancy bringing some nibbles that would be great, we will make pizza / juice :)

han said:
If peeps fancy bringing some nibbles that would be great, we will make pizza / juice :)
I have a recipe for pizza dough which doubles as bread dough. I'll bring it along. :)

i think i might be coming around 12 ish.

i will bring my knitting too so will not get too involved in the baking i think. i shall peep over peoples shoulder to get an idea how to bake a bread..in theory..

looking forward :)

Back
Top Bottom