Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing is that in France, secularism doesn't actually mean separation of church and state, it means a peculiar kind of unity between church and state, specifically the Catholic church and the French state. People who go to Mosques or Synagogues are not invited to the party.

Nearly a hundred people are dead and hundreds more injured there are more appropriate ways to find your jollies.
My amusement of the double standards here has nothing to do with the dead in France, you have an over inflated view of your posts.

My amusement of the double standards here has nothing to do with the dead in France, you have an over inflated view of your posts.
You're not saying anything. Say something. Defend your posting of a racist cartoon without commebt. If you post racist material, people will infer you're a racist.

You're not saying anything. Say something. Defend your posting of a racist cartoon without commebt. If you post racist material, people will infer you're a racist.
It isn't my job to tell you how and what to think. I can't be responsible for peoples knee jerk reaction. just shouting Racist is the response of fools.

I suspect the football stadium bombers were equipped with suicide vests with preprogrammed timers, whether they were aware of this and thought they could control the explosions will probably become evident in the coming days.

Not likely. Reports indicate they detonated after failing to get through security at the entrance, and it sounds like one of the attackers went to mcdonalds instead.

Really good point that - I never knew that before. Dead easy to see how without having that understanding one can interpret such policies (in regards to wearing religious symbols) so differently ...

Any book suggestions on different conceptions of multiculturalism anybody?
The three Kenan Malik Books:
The Meaning of Race: Race History and Culture in Western Society
Strange Fruit: Why Both Sides are Wrong in the Race Debate
From Fatwa to Jihad: the rushdie affair and its legacy

Paul Gilroy's Against Race: Imagining Political Culture beyond the Color Line (his spelling)
Amartya Sen - Identity and Violence: The Illusion of Destiny
The Crises of Multiculturalism: Racism in a Neoliberal Age - Alana Lentin , Gavan Titley. See also the former's short but excellent piece Replacing ‘race’ historicizing ‘culture’ in multiculturalism and a few chapters of her Racism and Anti-Racism in Europe.

edit: see also Dark Side of the Nation: Essays on Multiculturalism, Nationalism and Gender by Himani Bannerji. May be of special interest to Idris2002

Last edited:
Again with the derail, that cartoon doesn't address some issues raised here, really? I thought you were smarter than that (disappointed smiley)

Edit. To be honest I thought you would be one of very few of the posters that would understand why I posted it
i'm relying on your own professed motive

It isn't my job to tell you how and what to think. I can't be responsible for peoples knee jerk reaction. just shouting Racist is the response of fools.
You should express your own thoughts on the matter, or else people will assume you're a racist or a troll.
What are your thoughts about the cartoon you posted and why did you post it?

The three Kenan Malik Books:
The Meaning of Race: Race History and Culture in Western Society
Strange Fruit: Why Both Sides are Wrong in the Race Debate
From Fatwa to Jihad: the rushdie affair and its legacy

Paul Gilroy's Against Race: Imagining Political Culture beyond the Color Line (his spelling)
Amartya Sen - Identity and Violence: The Illusion of Destiny
The Crises of Multiculturalism: Racism in a Neoliberal Age - Alana Lentin , Gavan Titley. See also the former's short but excellent piece Replacing ‘race’ historicizing ‘culture’ in multiculturalism and a few chapters of her Racism and Anti-Racism in Europe.

edit: see also Dark Side of the Nation: Essays on Multiculturalism, Nationalism and Gender by Himani Bannerji. May be of special interest to Idris2002

Cheers man :)

You should express your own thoughts on the matter, or else people will assume you're a racist or a troll.
What are your thoughts about the cartoon you posted and why did you post it?
What do you think about the quotes in post 1751 above?

Look at the cartoon in relation to what people have said in the thread and make up your own mind, I posted it in the hope people would think about it and see the hypocrisy I came across while reading the whole thread

Look at the cartoon in relation to what people have said in the thread and make up your own mind, I posted it in the hope people would think about it and see the hypocrisy I came across while reading the whole thread
What is post 1751? My phone doesn't show post numbers.
And what is the hypocrisy you mention and how does a racist cartoon expose it?

How are highlighting hypocrisy posting a racist cartoon?

Maybe 1% has gone quiet because it's slowly dawning on him how completely boring he and his cartoon actually are.

What is post 1751? My phone doesn't show post numbers.
And what is the hypocrisy you mention and how does a racist cartoon expose it?
Post 1751 shows shocking stereotypes that seem to have been ignored because the posters are "the right sort of poster" (about 10 to 15 posts above this one).

I'm sorry I don't have time to go back through the thread and highlight all the hypocrisy but it would be clear if reread. I have a BBQ to get ready now so must get on :)

Post 1751 shows shocking stereotypes that seem to have been ignored because the posters are "the right sort of poster" (about 10 to 15 posts above this one).

I'm sorry I don't have time to go back through the thread and highlight all the hypocrisy but it would be clear if reread. I have a BBQ to get ready now so must get on :)
For some reason you are chickening out of making your point. perhaps you don't have an argument or you can't back it up.

the BBC said:
Theresa May, the UK home secretary, has said measures are in place to offer military support to the police if there is a Paris-style terror attack.

Strikes me as a boilerplate response - equivalent to the French "control the borders!!!"

No you prat, the two people that you quoted were saying that the author of the cartoon (a cartoon that you had posted without comment and have refused to explain why for some hours now) had used classic anti-Semitic tropes. You have this so wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom