Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the passport thing, I used to live in Paris and have spent a lot of time in France. I've never been stopped by the police and asked for my papers. I lived in the 18th which has a large North African population and every day, I'd see the CRS (French riot police) stopping large numbers of North African looking young men and asking for their papers -- and when I say 'asking', I mean throwing them against their van if they didn't produce their papers fast enough. So yes, given the chances of getting stopped and hassled by the police if you're young and look North African (which someone possibly Syrian or Egyptian presumably would), doesn't seem that strange they'd be carrying their passports.

I spoke to a friend last night who lives not far from where all this happened. He used to be a regular in Le Carillon which he described as having a 'mixed, mainly working class' clientele.

it's a pretty sad state of affairs, when some one wants to spend their Sunday morning trolling a thread like this.

I'm actually really upset and a bit disgusted how we Europeans are not prepared to address this problem. And before you assume what I mean, I also class European Muslims as Europeans. The French idea of bringing the whole world together under their banner of humanism may be completely daft, but it is what it is and it's a failure of us as a species that French Humanism has become such a disaster. France is still somewhere that people want to go to and imagine is a safe place, even if they don't have any love for the 'French French'

In terms of the passport thing, I used to live in Paris and have spent a lot of time in France. I've never been stopped by the police and asked for my papers. I lived in the 18th which has a large North African population and every day, I'd see the CRS (French riot police) stopping large numbers of North African looking young men and asking for their papers -- and when I say 'asking', I mean throwing them against their van if they didn't produce their papers fast enough. So yes, given the chances of getting stopped and hassled by the police if you're young and look North African (which someone possibly Syrian or Egyptian presumably would), doesn't seem that strange they'd be carrying their passports.

I spoke to a friend last night who lives not far from where all this happened. He used to be a regular in Le Carillon which he described as having a 'mixed, mainly working class' clientele.

Because they can't stop everyone, and the illegals do come from North Africa, and they are young men. It's not fair, but it would be stupid for the police to stop hot white women (im assuming that you are hot) because they obviously will have papers, or be Russian spies

it's obvious

Because they can't stop everyone, and the illegals do come from North Africa, and they are young men. It's not fair, but it would be stupid for the police to stop hot white women (im assuming that you are hot) because they obviously will have papers, or be Russian spies

it's obvious

I imagine most of the people they were stopping were French nationals.

'Hot white women'? WTF?

Is that 'Jesus' as in you are saying you are Jesus, or 'Jesus' as in 'Jesus! I told you I'd be back!' Suggesting impatience.

Thanks.

The beauty of Jesus is that he died at 30 so we don't have the whole Saville thing that Mohammed had

That is why Jesus is better than Mohammed, Rolf harris and jimmy Saville put together

It just doesn't cut the mustard nowadays lads

I imagine most of the people they were stopping were French nationals.

'Hot white women'? WTF?

You just wanted one of those beautiful tall men with guns to search you and touch your vanity. I've been to Gare de Lyon, I've seen those beautiful 'Obama when he was young' looking French boys with their alert eyes and pert buttocks and machine guns

it's obvious

You'd think some of them would want to stop some of the hot women and maybe take down their particulars.

The beauty of Jesus is that he died at 30 so we don't have the whole Saville thing that Mohammed had

That is why Jesus is better than Mohammed, Rolf harris and jimmy Saville put together

It just doesn't cut the mustard nowadays lads

Boring now.

I am actually disgusted. I have family connections with France, not with Paris, but Paris is important to us as Europeans anyway. Jews are leaving France and Europe is not the safe beautiful place that is was and it took a lot of work to be like that. It's much easier to destroy it that build it. It's not even Muslims who are doing it, they are a disgrace to Islam, but it is Muslims and Arabs who this terrorism is attached to and they do need to address it, same as how the Catholic church has gone through their hell.

Bigot = irrational intollerance of ideas different from your own.
"The origin of the word bigot and bigoterie (bigotry) dates back to at least 1598, via Middle French, and started with the sense of "religious hypocrite".
So.. you are what you claim to hate, which is never a good place to be. Best have a lie down.

Kind of rational since all of the European capitals with Muslims have been the site of mass murders by Jihadis. Madrid, London, Paris, Paris

There is something wrong there, same as David Cameron having sex with a pig. We don't know the half of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom