Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atrocities of the scale of Paris are happening in Iraq and Syria on a weekly basis, yet they rarely produce threads like these!

Atrocities of the scale of Paris are happening in Iraq and Syria on a weekly basis, yet they rarely produce threads like these!
At its core this is whataboutery, but ignoring that, it's not surprising is it? Something that happens next door is more interesting, if that's the word, than something that happens halfway around the world in a place you have no personal connection to. And something that happens to a peaceful place is more remarkable than another day's events in a war zone. So it's exactly what you'd expect and not meaningful.

Honestly I'm amazed posters say still say this. Few posters on this forum have visited Iraq or Syria. Few posters have friends and family there. Paris is a short train journey away for most Urbans. Of course a terrorist attack in Paris will generate more interest.

Independent saying 'It has not been established whether the passport is genuine, with many analysts pointing out false Syrian passports can be easily obtained within the war-torn Middle Eastern nation.'
& that "Syrian passports are valuable currency among those attempting to enter Europe. ."

Honestly I'm amazed posters say still say this. Few posters on this forum have visited Iraq or Syria. Few posters have friends and family there. Paris is a short train journey away for most Urbans. Of course a terrorist attack in Paris will generate more interest.
And it's not as if the situation in Syria or Iraq hasn't been discussed on the boards. A brief glance around shows it very much has.

Chinese are uncultured. If you know anything about their history you would know that they do not have a culture, Mao deliberately destroyed their culture, China as a capitalist country has spent an insane amount of money buying Chinese culture that survived Mao from Europeans, Taiwanese and Japanese, they do not have a culture in the same way as anyone else, the CCP deliberately destroyed it

Observation: culture is what you do. You cannot NOT have a culture.

I've avoided the news for the last couple of days because I just didn't want to engage with the shitty reality of these events - but reality has to be faced eventually.
Right now I can see nothing but entirely negative repercussions -
The anti-immigation/anti islam agenda will go into overdrive now. Those temporarily muted by the tradgedys of refugee drowning in their thousands will be back in full roar - and then some. In the UK the likes of the The Daily Mail wasted no time in exploiting the victims to fuel their shit stirring agenda - I imagine this will be even more the case in France.
The far right in france will see this as Christmas come early.
Politically the arguments for more military intervention will dominate. Their will be another round of restrictions on civil liberties, free movement and ever more state surveillance and intrusion.
After the russian plane bomb and Paris attack most people will feel that an attack in the UK is only a matter of time - and this fear will further distort debate.
Any attempt to respond to this rationally, by understanding the context and the complexity will be drowned out.
Some tragedies - such as the hillsborough or the pictures of drowned refugee kids - shock society in a way that makes them respond with humanity and greater understanding as people seek to put things right. Attacks like those in Paris have the exact opposite effect - people are bewildered and angry and want to strike back at those seen as responsible; exactly the reaction that the cunts who did this want.
So that means bombing even more fuck out of the middle east, turning on "suspect" communities and throwing desperate refugees back into the sea.

Just fuck fuck fuck you fucking cunts all around.

Last edited:
Your points are all over the place. You've so far argued that the Chinese don't have a culture, Africans and Gulf states have a culture defined by the use of machine guns, that Hitler was a good old chap for not blowing up Paris, that European culture is corrupted by degenerate artists like Banksy, that "ISIS are going to destroy Paris and Rome and the lot", and that all of this could be changed if only we had a strong leader "to stand behind for once in our cowardly human existence". In short, you're a loon.

Cynicaleconomy, you appear to have, ahem.....nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom