Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems very plausible. Less than 24 hours

i doubt it, IS won't have a cell - even a franchise cell - sat in France with weapons and explosives just waiting for something to avenge. its a planned, deliberate attack that would require far more than 18 hours to brew up. big event, president of france in attendance, massive viewing audience - is there anything to suggest that it would only be a target after IS have got something to be pissed off about?

it could be a random looking for revenge - anyone who says 'can't' with relation to this stuff is a fool - but the odds against that have got to be pretty high.

Targeted airstrike of a convoy in Syria supposedly killing a key player in ISIS propaganda, it's been the main item on the news all day.

I was half wondering that.

I had this annoying yet rewarding thing to do the whole day until home...work I did notice some fucking awful FEAR/BE SCARED/SWITCH OFF headline on the Daily evening Fascist this evening though...I got as far as Evaporated on the back of someone's paper.

The gig tonight at the venue where there are reported hostages is Eagles of Death Metal, one of Josh Homme's bands.

i doubt it, IS won't have a cell - even a franchise cell - sat in France with weapons and explosives just waiting for something to avenge. its a planned, deliberate attack that would require far more than 18 hours to brew up. big event, president of france in attendance, massive viewing audience - is there anything to suggest that it would only be a target after IS have got something to be pissed off about?

it could be a random looking for revenge - anyone who says 'can't' with relation to this stuff is a fool - but the odds against that have got to be pretty high.
It doesn't need to be rational. They just need to be able to say largest movement of people since ww2, many Muslim; now look, dead at the hands of Muslims.... That may start to turn the tide of public opinion. The government(s) have been really worried by the grassroots support for refugees. The fact they decided to let them drown,starve and freeze and hundreds of thousands of ordinary Europeans set up organisations to ensure they didn't has really upset them (see all the searches and detentions and arrest, and low level hassle)..... If they can turn the opinion round again using something like this they will.

Following this to get news, am without TV the night.

I'm hoping this isn't a repeat of the Charlie Hebdo massacre, and its not used to further demonize Muslims living there.

Christ. Obviously huge coordination, tragic for the victims and I fear more for the future of democracy in Europe with each of these attacks.

Not surprised by this, but so very sorry. "Terrorism" stuff had fallen quiet in Europe of late. This is far from over but I feel there might be much more to come. :(

Following this to get news, am without TV the night.

I'm hoping this isn't a repeat of the Charlie Hebdo massacre, and its not used to further demonize Muslims living there.
Far bigger, more co-ordinated attack. Already authorities saying >30 dead. That figure will rise, won't it?:(:(

Far bigger, more co-ordinated attack. Already authorities saying >30 dead. That figure will rise, won't it?:(:(

Fuck. More than 30? Properly bad this, and doesn't Paris have a big Muslim community? I fear for them this night, they'll face a backlash?

Of course its revenge, an icon of European Jihadis is killed and Daesh have been humiliated in Sinjar, all in the last 24hrs. I hope its a sign of weakness and things are going bad for them in Raqqa to require this desperate show of force

Yes there will be a backlash. And at the very least anything that goes against 'law and order' will face a crackdown

Also, reading back on the comments, I see the authorities have allowed the France v Germany game to continue? Don't see how they much choice, not good to allow tens of thousands out into an unknown situation, place them in danger?

Also, reading back on the comments, I see the authorities have allowed the France v Germany game to continue? Don't see how they much choice, not good to allow tens of thousands out into an unknown situation, place them in danger?

Well, apparently mobile phone reception is poor, and if they stopped the game and the crowd have no idea why it is likely to cause a riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom