Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

Money easily recouped in shirt sales and sponsorship. Companies will be queueing up to sponsor even more, now
I was thinking that on the money, but then in terms of the football, I can't disagree with this (that it's a bad move and holds the club back):

Money easily recouped in shirt sales and sponsorship. Companies will be queueing up to sponsor even more, now
Clubs normally get 10-15% out of the sale of a shirt. Most sponsorship deals are for three to five years, Man Utd have only just started a new five year contract with TeamViewer for their shirts which is the biggest sponsorship contract but I'm sure there is competition to be Official Electrical Styling Partner of Manchester United as the Remmington deal might end within Ronaldos two year contract.

I was thinking that on the money, but then in terms of the football, I can't disagree with this (that it's a bad move and holds the club back):

we may have scored the second highest goals last season, but we dropped points against the 'lower ranked' teams which we were expected to beat and which City had very little problems beating. Ronaldo will make a difference in those games. for me a great signing. I've booked marked this article. will refer back to it at the end of the season.

we may have scored the second highest goals last season, but we dropped points against the 'lower ranked' teams which we were expected to beat and which City had very little problems beating. Ronaldo will make a difference in those games. for me a great signing. I've booked marked this article. will refer back to it at the end of the season.
My guess is ronaldo will end up close to if not the top scorer in the Prem League, but United will end up 2nd or 3rd.

According to the Telegraph
It is understood that Ronaldo’s two-year contract, which includes the option of another 12 months, will see him stand to earn in excess of the £560,000 a week that former United forward Alexis Sanchez’s deal was worth at Old Trafford including bonuses and image rights.

Well any doubts Ronaldo might have had about the quality at Man Utd will have immediately be allayed after that seamless , exhilarating and controlled display at Wolves.

Thought Greenwood played well, never gave up.
Yeah, though as you say, a dreadful performance otherwise. Fred will be really under pressure given that McTominay will be out for a while, unless they replace him with Matic. Martial should have either left or been sold 18 month ago. Pogba's gone back to being average going forward and an accident waiting to happen in defence. I'd guess Cavani will be feeling a bit pissed off as well. Pretty much awful in every position. Even the mighty Luke Shaw was off colour.

I predict an injury on his debut leaving him earning £560k + per week on the bench for three months.
I was wondering about him getting injured this week, playing for Portugal and trying to break Ali Daei's record.

I was wondering about him getting injured this week, playing for Portugal and trying to break Ali Daei's record.
He's generally superfit tbh , doesn't have a bad injury record . He might not play the full 90 mins anyway as the opponents are Ireland and Azerbaijan . They also play a friendly against Qatar.

He's generally superfit tbh , doesn't have a bad injury record . He might not play the full 90 mins anyway as the opponents are Ireland and Azerbaijan . They also play a friendly against Qatar.
Yeah, I despise the man on so many levels, but he's an astonishing athlete. Presume he'll do the world cup next year and then retire internationally.

I'm going to see what odds are on offer for CR7 to score in the newcastle game. Pretty sure he will score.

Waste of money - they'd have won 2-1 anyway :rolleyes:

ManU looked seriously good today though, and am actually finally warming to Ronaldo :eek:

Fourth goal was something else.

I think Ronaldo is more of a team player and team motivator than people give him credit for, tbh.
In the mad world of elite football, I can see how united felt they had to buy him to keep him away from city. It also shuts up the anti glazer stuff, so a perfect stunt from their point of view (unfortunately). Equally, can't deny he'll score a bucket full of goals. Where that leave the squad as a whole over the next 18 months, I don't know. My problems with ronaldo are all about the 'legal issues', but on a purely footballing level, I'd prefer them to have strengthened in midfield and then seen how what would have been a balanced squad would have performed without him.

This will, inevitably, bite me in the arse soon enough, but:

If Ronaldo doesn't score, then Unites still look weak.

Man Utd are picking a front 4 from Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba, Martial and Lingard which is just scary.

They're also picking a defensive midfield setup from McTominay, Fred and Matic, which is bottom half of the table stuff.
Blimey :eek:

12 games in Europe under Ole and 1 clean sheet.

Early days, but they might struggle to get top 2 in that group. I'd expect Villareal and Atalanta to each get 4 or 6 points off Young Boys. Good chance United will, erm, need to beat YBs and then get 4 points off one of the others. I think. Maybe. Anyway, sounded like a complete shambles last night.

For all the talk of strength in depth, I couldn't see it last night. Martial should have gone 18 months ago and 2 or 3 others looked way below the standard needed. Can't see Mata playing again in a big game, which is a shame as he used to be a great player. I get mixed up between Van De Beek and Telles :oops: but at least one of them is rubbish as well!

Anyway, even as United fan, I do look forward to the look on ronaldo's face as they win nothing this year. It'll be well worth the money. And let's throw in Lukaku beating him to the golden boot as well, with rolaldo missing a penalty on the last day of the season. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom