Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

Journalists' knives are beginning to sharpen on Ole. One report says £70m is available for transfers in Jan but dependent on whether they are in a position to win the league.
Next fixtures : Atalanta home should win as Atlanta aren't the team of a couple of years ago, Liverpool at home , Spurs away, Atlanta away and Man City at home.

They are still favourites to win the group in the CL, odds on for a top 4 finish in the EPL however expect Conte's name to crop up in the next few weeks especially if Liverpool and City give them a going over

£70m to spend in Jan? That is good for Ole if he lasts till then :hmm:

That said £70m for Sancho, Penaldos wage bill and the squad they have isn't working that well is it?

Play Pogba on the left to accommodate 2 of the shit holding mids and the team is unbalanced. Play Pogba as one of the middle 2 and the nominal holding player simply isn't up to the task of being a single defensive midfielder to cover his lack of discipline off the ball. PP is a wonderful creative talent, but there isn't room for both him and Bruno Fernandes in the same team, unless it's a 3-4-1-2 (which suits literally no one else at the club).

Hundreds of millions spent, attacking players by the dozen, and still nothing done that resembles building a team, a structure and a coherent style. #olein

247642049_10159746296295802_7273909123832943391_n.jpg

hahahaaah - just came on this thread to gloat and lol most heartily. i enjoyed that immensley - as someone who grew up supporting a smaller team when man utd were winning everything and their glory hunter fans were all over brum, to watch that was greeaaat, most entertaining! 🤣😆😅

Well, all the green and yellow scarves lot who went a bit quiet when united got ronaldo will be feeling a bit conflicted now. Should they reinstate their temporary principles?

Trying to incorporate Ronaldo has fucked utd.
Tend to agree. They didn't look all that impressive before he joined but there was potential there with some young players and expensive signings. Didn't think they'd win the league or get very far in the CL, but there looked to be the potential for some exciting play. Hard to deny that the manager isn't up to it . Poor sod though, I liked mourhino getting sacked as he's a bullying arsehole and lvg wasn't particularly likeable either, but Ole always feels like he's not enough of a nasty bastard to run a club like United.

Anyway, I think I'll leave this thread to the ABUs. :D Enjoy your day, we'll back very soon. Well as soon as the glazer dynasty reaches its last childless generation and the club gets sold off to some oil rich bunch of torturers...

... until then, enjoy FC United winning away at Witton Albion on Saturday. Winner scored in Fergie time. :)

I think the phrase in the article below of 'a Manchester United tribute act' sums up the whole Ole tenure at the club. All full of 'United spirit', a cycle of splashing the cash on crowd pleasing names but a club with no infrastructure, long term strategy aside from maximising revenue streams, no real player development and a gaping void of any tactical acumen . Despite a talent packed squad they have no means of systematically getting the best out of the cards they have and once they leave the safe waters of men behind the ball, get it out to the fast players and counter attack they are vulnerable and can have difficulty controlling a game against sides with decent coaches.

Back
Top Bottom